    server on my workstation?

    TIA.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Steve Freides

    Brian H¹© Guest

    www.argosoft.org

    Brian H¹©, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Steve Freides

    Harrison Guest

    Filezilla server. Free.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla

    Harrison, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Steve Freides

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 22:01:13 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:

    >I've got a few workstations here running everything from W95 to XP - I'd
    >like to allow someone to FTP me files without resorting to a dedicated
    >server for that purpose. Is there a program that I can run to create an FTP
    >server on my workstation?

    BulletProof (inexpensive)
    WFTPD
    VFTPD
    War FTPD (freeware, recommended by people in binary newsgroups, very
    nice program)

    If in the UK, back issues of PC Plus http://www.pcplus.co.uk/ DVD
    version, Sept 2003 Issue 206
    WS_FTP Server 3.1 (from www.ipswitch.com) full version.
    (tried it, worked fine, retail is expensive)

    Christmas 2003 Issue 210
    Fastream NETFile FTP Server 5.8
    (never even looked at it) see URI below, this is freeware.

    http://www.tucows.com/ftpserver95_default.html
    several of the above, are available from the tucows URI.

    I started with WAR FTPD, and after a few years needed a resume feature
    and a few other bits and moved to BulletProof, still using it..

    Me

    why?, Nov 10, 2003
  5. I tried WAR first and having it running on a W95 machine - so far I like it
    very much - clear, easy to follow, and it works well.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Nov 11, 2003