    ftp://ftp.1.1.1.1

    or does it not make a difference?

    Thanks
    MadEric, May 22, 2004

  2. MadEric wrote:
    > Please could someone tell me when accessing FTP sites from a browser
    > whether you enter
    >
    > ftp://1.1.1.1

    Yes, you do. If its not anonymous the server will ask for a login.
    Scott Freeman, May 22, 2004

  3. MadEric

    MadEric Guest

    Scott Freeman wrote:

    > MadEric wrote:
    >
    >>Please could someone tell me when accessing FTP sites from a browser
    >>whether you enter
    >>
    >>ftp://1.1.1.1

    > Yes, you do. If its not anonymous the server will ask for a login.

    I was wondering though as someone is trying to access my server do you
    need that ftp thing twice ie before and after the double slash??
    MadEric, May 22, 2004
  4. MadEric wrote:
    > Scott Freeman wrote:
    >
    >> MadEric wrote:
    >>
    >>> Please could someone tell me when accessing FTP sites from a browser
    >>> whether you enter
    >>>
    >>> ftp://1.1.1.1

    >> Yes, you do. If its not anonymous the server will ask for a login.
    >>

    > I was wondering though as someone is trying to access my server do you
    > need that ftp thing twice ie before and after the double slash??

    No. If your server listening on the standard port 21, the initial referrer
    is all that is needed.
    Scott Freeman, May 22, 2004
  5. MadEric

    Psytaur Guest

    As per previous answers, also, an example:
    ftp://logon::9999/ . Servername is followed
    by a dot and whatever if it is a subdomain, the 9999 is an example of the
    port, though nothing has to be entered if it is the default port 21 (omit
    :9999).

    "MadEric" <> wrote in message
    > Please could someone tell me when accessing FTP sites from a browser
    > whether you enter for example
    >
    > ftp://1.1.1.1 or whether you need to put
    >
    > ftp://ftp.1.1.1.1
    >
    > or does it not make a difference?
    >
    > Thanks

    ---

    Psytaur, May 23, 2004
  6. MadEric

    Plato Guest

    Scott Freeman wrote:

    > No. If your server listening on the standard port 21, the initial referrer
    > is all that is needed.

    Isn't 20 also one of the standard listening ports?
    Plato, May 23, 2004