    Thanks for any help.

    --
    Global_Killa
    Global_Killa, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Global_Killa

    Basket Case Guest

    "Global_Killa" <> wrote in message
    news:c1bh34$6jf$...
    > A while back, a guy I talked to over the net gave me a program that

    allowed
    > you to setup your computer to allow to people to FTP to folders or
    > directorys of your choice, and nothing else.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a program that can do this? As some of my friends want
    > large files and I don't to send them via MSN Messenger, so i figured it
    > would be eaiser for them to just download them since my computer is amost
    > always connect to the Internet.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > --
    > Global_Killa
    > "You're a victim of the rules you live by!"

    There's several out there. Personally I use SlimFTPd because its secure and
    relatively simple to configure.

    http://www.whitsoftdev.com/slimftpd/

    -BC
    Basket Case, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Global_Killa

    Alex Devlin Guest

    On 22 Feb 2004, Global_Killa wrote:

    > A while back, a guy I talked to over the net gave me a program that
    > allowed you to setup your computer to allow to people to FTP to
    > folders or directorys of your choice, and nothing else.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a program that can do this? As some of my friends
    > want large files and I don't to send them via MSN Messenger, so i
    > figured it would be eaiser for them to just download them since my
    > computer is amost always connect to the Internet.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > --
    > Global_Killa
    > "You're a victim of the rules you live by!"

    www.cerberusftp.com
    Free for home use and REALLY easy to set-up.

    TIP: Your ISP will probably frown on you running an FTP. Change the port
    number to something obscure and let your friends know. Most ISPs scan
    known FTP ports of their users from time to time.

    --
    Alex Devlin

    Good friends will bail you out of jail...
    ... True friends will be sitting there with you saying "Damn. That was
    fun!"
    Alex Devlin, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Global_Killa

    Mr. Phil Guest

    Fictional Daemon. It's FTP and telnet all in one ap. Completely free for
    personal use. No trial time outs.

    http://www.tucows.com/preview/195627.html

    -Phil

    Mr. Phil, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Global_Killa

    Rv! Guest

    "Alex Devlin" <Alex@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > www.cerberusftp.com
    > Free for home use and REALLY easy to set-up.

    Nice link, Thanks. Installed and playing as we speak.

    Rv!
    Rv!, Feb 26, 2004