    I use WS_FTP which is great but a little automation
    would help my failing memory.
    Ted
    Ted, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Ted

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ted wrote:
    > Hello
    > Is there a freeware prog that will automatically
    > transfer only updated files to your server?
    > I use WS_FTP which is great but a little automation
    > would help my failing memory.

    FileZilla has a setting for filetransfers to overwrite if newer, but
    that isn't quite as automated as I think you are asking.

    I think you are asking for a function to 'make this folder just like
    that folder, updating where necessary, no transfers if not necessary'

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Ted

    aleX Guest

    Ted wrote:
    > Hello
    > Is there a freeware prog that will automatically
    > transfer only updated files to your server?
    > I use WS_FTP which is great but a little automation
    > would help my failing memory.
    > Ted

    You need a free FTP program that uses synchronization.

    Sorry I haven't used any free ones, just the non-free Dreamweaver FTP
    synchro features, but do a google on 'free ftp program synchronization'
    and you might find one that suits. Good luck...
    aleX, Jun 8, 2005