    I am using Microsoft FTP service
    The directory I want to be able to "see" is C:\Downloads. How do I configure
    the ftp service to "see" the directory?
    Kue2, Aug 20, 2007

  2. You'll have better success asking this over in an IIS newsgroup, I suspect.
    The FTP server is part of IIS, and has a different view of the file system.
    I know that the server needs to explicitly map the folder for you to see it,
    but don't honestly remember the details, I'm afraid. It's NOT something you
    can control from the client side.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 20, 2007

  3. Kue2

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:20:12 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >"Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm using CuteFtp 8 in Vista 64. I am trying to transfer a file from my
    >> computer to my computer using cuteftp8 as a test. I connect fine but only
    >> /.
    >> I cannot change this path.How do I change this so I can try a file
    >> transfer?
    >> Error messages:
    >> Request denied.
    >> Please verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the
    >> necessary
    >> permissions on the server to perform the requested operation.
    >> I am using Microsoft FTP service
    >> The directory I want to be able to "see" is C:\Downloads. How do I
    >> configure
    >> the ftp service to "see" the directory?
    >>

    >You'll have better success asking this over in an IIS newsgroup, I suspect.
    >The FTP server is part of IIS, and has a different view of the file system.
    >I know that the server needs to explicitly map the folder for you to see it,
    >but don't honestly remember the details, I'm afraid. It's NOT something you
    >can control from the client side.

    Maybe it has something to do with the proper user-rights for the folders
    you try to access. Remember, Vista is a lot stricter on that, so check them
    out.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Aug 20, 2007
  4. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Thks got it working.LOL I could not find how to config IIS. Once I found it
    in admin tools I got it working.

    Kue2, Aug 21, 2007
  5. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Jud
    Thks got it working once I found out how to edit the config file .
    Start -all programs- admin tools - Inet info II2

    Kue2, Aug 21, 2007
  6. That would do it. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 21, 2007
  7. Kue2

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:11:07 -0400, "Kue2" <>
    wrote:

    >Thks got it working

    Good stuff :)

    jud