FTP in firefox

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by -[Myth]-, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. -[Myth]-

    -[Myth]- Guest

    -[Myth]-, Nov 20, 2004

  2. -[Myth]-

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:51:48 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

    > http://fireftp.mozdev.org/,

    WsFTP reloaded. Nothing wrong with that.

    See, gentle people, another extension which does things way above its 55kB
    size.

    The FireFox is running all over the place and getting people all fired up.
    The cynics would say this is only the flavour of the month but it is not
    the same old boring comerical stuff.
    Gordon, Nov 20, 2004

  3. -[Myth]-

    Rupert Guest

    yeah whats wrong with ftp at the command line?

    Rupert, Nov 20, 2004
  4. -[Myth]-

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:46:47 +1300, Rupert wrote:

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:51:48 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://fireftp.mozdev.org/,

    >> WsFTP reloaded. Nothing wrong with that.
    >>
    >> See, gentle people, another extension which does things way above its 55kB
    >> size.
    >>
    >> The FireFox is running all over the place and getting people all fired up.
    >> The cynics would say this is only the flavour of the month but it is not
    >> the same old boring comerical stuff.

    > yeah whats wrong with ftp at the command line?

    Whats wrong with lynx for webbrowsing?
    The whole point is that it provides a nice GUI, which is vital if firefox
    is ever to be more popular with the general public than IE, most of these
    people don't even know what the command line is.
    -[Myth]-, Nov 20, 2004
  5. -[Myth]-

    riff Guest

    I am usingf Mozilla 1.71, what is the difference between this and firefox?
    cheers
    riff
    riff, Nov 20, 2004
  6. -[Myth]-

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:46:47 +1300, Rupert wrote:

    Nothing.

    > yeah whats wrong with ftp at the command line?

    How ever convience is the word?
    Gordon, Nov 21, 2004
  7. -[Myth]-

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:42:16 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

    > Whats wrong with lynx for webbrowsing?

    Nothing. You have a problem with this?!

    > The whole point is that it provides a nice GUI, which is vital if firefox
    > is ever to be more popular with the general public than IE, most of these
    > people don't even know what the command line is.

    Pity them eh?
    Gordon, Nov 21, 2004
  8. It seems like Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:03:44 +1300 was when Gordon
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >> Whats wrong with lynx for webbrowsing?

    >Nothing. You have a problem with this?!

    It's very hard to view pictures :) Still, a lot of sites are getting
    better with ther alt tags though.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
    Waylon Kenning, Nov 21, 2004
  9. Waylon Kenning wrote:
    >>>Whats wrong with lynx for webbrowsing?

    >>Nothing. You have a problem with this?!

    > It's very hard to view pictures :) Still, a lot of sites are getting
    > better with ther alt tags though.

    I saw one the otherday with an ascii representation of the pic in the
    alt tag... it was a little OTT in my mind.

    Im not sure if I still have it in my favs, will have a look.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 21, 2004
  10. It seems like Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:19:04 +1300 was when "Dave -
    Dave.net.nz" <> said Blah blah blah...

    >I saw one the otherday with an ascii representation of the pic in the
    >alt tag... it was a little OTT in my mind.

    Now that's a stylish idea, imagine a website that had layout all done
    with ascii characters.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.