    only gets the first name. Is there a way to get it to go to a folder
    with spaces?

    -travis
    Uplink, Mar 11, 2006

  2. Uplink

    JD Guest

    Uplink wrote:
    > i am using a ftp server that has folders that have spaces.
    >
    > I am only going to use the ftp command in CMD and not a client. I log
    > on then there is a file with a space. Like Important Files. I type "cd
    > Important Files" and it says "There is no folder named Important". It
    > only gets the first name. Is there a way to get it to go to a folder
    > with spaces?
    >
    > -travis

    try cd 'Important Files', cd "Important Files", cd Important\ Files/
    Assuming its a UNIX like environment.

    JD
    JD, Mar 11, 2006

  3. Uplink

    Brian Guest

    use the first 6 letters of the file then ~1 (~ is a tilde located above the
    far left key below the ESC key) This works for command line entry because it
    can only interpret 8 characters. If you have more than one folder with the
    same first 6 characters the next one would be ~2, etc.
    Brian, Mar 11, 2006
  4. Uplink

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Uplink wrote:
    > i am using a ftp server that has folders that have spaces.
    >
    > I am only going to use the ftp command in CMD and not a client. I log
    > on then there is a file with a space. Like Important Files. I type "cd
    > Important Files" and it says "There is no folder named Important". It
    > only gets the first name. Is there a way to get it to go to a folder
    > with spaces?
    >
    > -travis

    Are you using CMD or COMMAND. With XP, and using CMD you should be
    able to type (without quotes) "CD important files" to get you to the
    correct directory.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Mar 12, 2006
  5. Uplink

    JEMebius Guest

    Re: ftp folders-

    I never tried; but try and replace blanks by %20.
    This is the standard hex representation of the blank used in directory
    and file names under MS Explorer and WWW browsers.

    Johan E. Mebius

    JEMebius, Mar 20, 2006