    started in IIS.

    From a command prompt, if I enter in "ftp <server IP address>" we get a
    messages that says connection refused by remote host.

    If we try to use an FTP program, the connection just fails. I used the
    'netstat -an' command on the IIS server and it shows port 21 is listening.

    Any help would really be appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3I=?=, Aug 22, 2007

  2. Probably the Windows Firewall. With XP x64, you're at the SP1 level as a
    minimum, and that includes the Windows Firewall by default.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2007

  3. No. We don't use Windows Firewall.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3I=?=, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Ah, but did you explicitly disable it? With Server SP1, it is enabled by
    default. (And the same for XP x64, which is Server 2k3 SP1 code base.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2007
  5. We figured it out. The web developer missed something in IIS.

    Thanks though.

    sd

    =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3I=?=, Aug 23, 2007
  6. OK, good.