    -joe
    ____________________________________
    my faith: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/
    joe, Oct 4, 2007

  2. joe

    sittingduck Guest

    joe wrote:

    > -any- help would be appreciated, and THX!

    Contact an admin at the 'linux server' and get an ftp account.

    --
    http://improve-usenet.org
    sittingduck, Oct 4, 2007

  3. joe

    B Kinney Guest

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 00:39:12 -0400, joe wrote:

    > i am building a new website and cannot (for the life of me) figure out
    > how to connect to the linux server so i can "mput" an image to the
    > server from my home machine. I've tried ftp (my machine) from the server
    > but that can't find my machine, then i tried ftp (linux server ip) and
    > the connection is refused even though i can connect using putty!
    >
    > -any- help would be appreciated, and THX!
    >
    > -joe
    > my faith: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

    If you have Putty on your Windows machine, and you can connect to the
    Linux server with it, try PSCP or PSFTP to do the transfer. They came in
    the Win Putty installer bundle. If you don't have the docs, check here
    for instructions:
    http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.60/htmldoc/
    B Kinney, Oct 4, 2007