    for sale. The price is $300.00 for all four.

    They are preciously viewed, and are in pristine condition.

    If you are interested, contact me at:

    bosco rooty, Sep 17, 2003

  2. bosco rooty

    bosco rooty Guest

    (bosco rooty) wrote in message news:<>...
    > The subject says it all. I have the first four seasons of the X-files
    > for sale. The price is $300.00 for all four.
    >
    > They are preciously viewed, and are in pristine condition.
    >
    > If you are interested, contact me at:

    Guess I should have mentioned that these are the Region 1 US NTSC discs.

    bosco rooty, Sep 17, 2003

  3. bosco rooty

    Nullo Guest

    On 17 Sep 2003 12:43:54 -0700, (bosco
    rooty) wrote:

    > (bosco rooty) wrote in message news:<>...
    >> The subject says it all. I have the first four seasons of the X-files
    >> for sale. The price is $300.00 for all four.
    >>
    >> They are preciously viewed, and are in pristine condition.
    >>
    >> If you are interested, contact me at:
    >>

    >Guess I should have mentioned that these are the Region 1 US NTSC discs.

    Kind of steep for USED disks don't you think? That's not much less
    than street price for brand new ones.

    Nullo, Sep 18, 2003
  4. bosco rooty

    NOMAD205 Guest

    ><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: FS: X-Files DVDs Seasons 1,2,3,4 $300.
    >From: Nullo <>
    >Date: Thu, Sep 18, 2003 10:21 EDT
    >
    >On 17 Sep 2003 12:43:54 -0700, (bosco
    >rooty) wrote:
    >
    >> (bosco rooty) wrote in message

    >>> The subject says it all. I have the first four seasons of the X-files
    >>> for sale. The price is $300.00 for all four.
    >>>
    >>> They are preciously viewed, and are in pristine condition.
    >>>
    >>> If you are interested, contact me at:
    >>>

    >>Guess I should have mentioned that these are the Region 1 US NTSC discs.

    >Kind of steep for USED disks don't you think? That's not much less
    >than street price for brand new ones.
    >

    ></PRE></HTML>

    street for all x-files seasons are Borders 149.99 for each season, Barnes and
    Noble 149.99 Best Buy 125.00, and so on... I buy all of mine ( 1-5, 7, still
    working on 6) at Borders, I work there and get a 20% discount...so I think this
    customer is offering a good price and I would probably pick up on it if i didnt
    already own, and didnt already work at borders with the discount and monthly
    giftcards we get.

    NOMAD205, Sep 18, 2003
  5. bosco rooty

    bosco rooty Guest

    Nullo <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 17 Sep 2003 12:43:54 -0700, (bosco
    > rooty) wrote:
    >
    > > (bosco rooty) wrote in message news:<>...
    > >> The subject says it all. I have the first four seasons of the X-files
    > >> for sale. The price is $300.00 for all four.
    > >>
    > >> They are preciously viewed, and are in pristine condition.
    > >>
    > >> If you are interested, contact me at:
    > >>

    > >Guess I should have mentioned that these are the Region 1 US NTSC discs.

    > Kind of steep for USED disks don't you think? That's not much less
    > than street price for brand new ones.

    Adtually, no. According to Amazon, new, seasons 1-4 go for 135.00
    each, or $540 for all four. So obviously, at $300 mine are $75 each.
    Substantially less.

    Rob

    bosco rooty, Sep 18, 2003

    X-files

    > > >Guess I should have mentioned that these are the Region 1 US NTSC

    discs.

    > > Kind of steep for USED disks don't you think? That's not much less
    > > than street price for brand new ones.

    > Adtually, no. According to Amazon, new, seasons 1-4 go for 135.00
    > each, or $540 for all four. So obviously, at $300 mine are $75 each.
    > Substantially less.

    They are new at best buy just up the street for 89-99 Plus some have bonus
    discs. Or I can walk a block over to the used store and pay 65 without
    shipping.

    ominousspiritous, Sep 18, 2003
  7. bosco rooty

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    bosco rooty wrote:
    > Nullo <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>On 17 Sep 2003 12:43:54 -0700, (bosco
    >>rooty) wrote:

    >>>Guess I should have mentioned that these are the Region 1 US NTSC discs.

    >>Kind of steep for USED disks don't you think? That's not much less
    >>than street price for brand new ones.

    > Adtually, no. According to Amazon, new, seasons 1-4 go for 135.00
    > each, or $540 for all four. So obviously, at $300 mine are $75 each.
    > Substantially less.
    >
    > Rob

    North American DVD (www.northamericandvd.com) a canadian firm with whom
    I've dealt many times (in fact I just got a substantial order from them
    today), has all the seasons for approximately 82 dollars each. Plus
    shipping. If you buy 10 disks from them the shipping is free. So
    assuming that you have to pay shipping, you end up getting brand new
    copies for about 360 dollars. Granted this is more than you are asking,
    but IMHO your price is too high for used material. And deep discount
    DVD has them for about 110 which includes shipping.

    So obviously your copies are cheaper but not much.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Sep 18, 2003
  8. bosco rooty

    Nullo Guest

    On 18 Sep 2003 15:46:14 GMT, (NOMAD205) wrote:

    >street for all x-files seasons are Borders 149.99 for each season, Barnes and
    >Noble 149.99 Best Buy 125.00, and so on... I buy all of mine ( 1-5, 7, still
    >working on 6) at Borders, I work there and get a 20% discount...so I think this
    >customer is offering a good price and I would probably pick up on it if i didnt
    >already own, and didnt already work at borders with the discount and monthly
    >giftcards we get.

    Ummm...$149.99 is LIST PRICE, not "street" price. Borders is a
    fricking ripoff.

    Nullo, Sep 19, 2003
  9. bosco rooty

    Nullo Guest

    On 18 Sep 2003 11:39:36 -0700, (bosco
    rooty) wrote:

    >Nullo <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> On 17 Sep 2003 12:43:54 -0700, (bosco
    >> rooty) wrote:

    >> >Guess I should have mentioned that these are the Region 1 US NTSC discs.

    >> Kind of steep for USED disks don't you think? That's not much less
    >> than street price for brand new ones.

    >Adtually, no. According to Amazon, new, seasons 1-4 go for 135.00
    >each, or $540 for all four. So obviously, at $300 mine are $75 each.
    > Substantially less.
    >
    >Rob

    They can fairly easily be bought for around $75 each, NEW.

    Nullo, Sep 19, 2003
  10. bosco rooty

    NOMAD205 Guest

    >TML><PRE>Subject: Re: FS: X-Files DVDs Seasons 1,2,3,4 $300.
    >From: Nullo <>
    >Date: Fri, Sep 19, 2003 15:34 EDT
    >
    >On 18 Sep 2003 15:46:14 GMT, (NOMAD205) wrote:
    >

    >>street for all x-files seasons are Borders 149.99 for each season, Barnes

    >and
    >>Noble 149.99 Best Buy 125.00, and so on... I buy all of mine ( 1-5, 7,

    >still
    >>working on 6) at Borders, I work there and get a 20% discount...so I think

    >this
    >>customer is offering a good price and I would probably pick up on it if i

    >didnt
    >>already own, and didnt already work at borders with the discount and monthly
    >>giftcards we get.

    >Ummm...$149.99 is LIST PRICE, not "street" price. Borders is a
    >fricking ripoff.
    >

    ></PRE></HTML>

    well, maybe but since I get 20% and store credit every month after 4 months
    x-files sets are free for me, Ive racked up a good dvd collection in the few
    years Ive been there, Still if I didnt work at Borders to me Best Buy has
    thebest price 125.00- at borders with tax its 127.20 for me, or something like
    that. My best advice to dvd hounds for x-files would be BB, or Amazon for used
    seasons Ive seen them for 65-90 dollars depending on whos selling.

    NOMAD205, Sep 22, 2003
  11. bosco rooty

    NOMAD205 Guest

    >HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: FS: X-Files DVDs Seasons 1,2,3,4 $300.
    >From: Nullo <>
    >Date: Fri, Sep 19, 2003 15:35 EDT
    >
    >On 18 Sep 2003 11:39:36 -0700, (bosco
    >rooty) wrote:
    >
    >>Nullo <> wrote in message

    >>> Kind of steep for USED disks don't you think? That's not much less
    >>> than street price for brand new ones.

    >>Adtually, no. According to Amazon, new, seasons 1-4 go for 135.00
    >>each, or $540 for all four. So obviously, at $300 mine are $75 each.
    >> Substantially less.
    >>
    >>Rob

    >They can fairly easily be bought for around $75 each, NEW.
    >

    ></PRE></HTML>

    Tell me where they are for 75 a piece and I will buy my missing season six if
    they have it... also take in mind though that If its on the internet...it could
    be stolen from a retail establishment like mine thats why so cheap, but if its
    from an actual brick and mortar physical store or actual online retailer like
    BB.com or costco .com I will get it. I Would love to have season 6 help me
    please

    NOMAD205, Sep 22, 2003
  12. In news:,
    NOMAD205 <> said in a panic:
    > well, maybe but since I get 20% and store credit every month after 4
    > months x-files sets are free for me, Ive racked up a good dvd
    > collection in the few years Ive been there, Still if I didnt work at
    > Borders to me Best Buy has thebest price 125.00- at borders with tax
    > its 127.20 for me, or something like that. My best advice to dvd
    > hounds for x-files would be BB, or Amazon for used seasons Ive seen
    > them for 65-90 dollars depending on whos selling.

    Circuit City = $99.99

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Sep 22, 2003
  13. bosco rooty

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    NOMAD205 wrote:

    > Tell me where they are for 75 a piece and I will buy my missing season six if
    > they have it... also take in mind though that If its on the internet...it could
    > be stolen from a retail establishment like mine thats why so cheap, but if its
    > from an actual brick and mortar physical store or actual online retailer like
    > BB.com or costco .com I will get it. I Would love to have season 6 help me
    > please

    northamericandvd.com, a canadian company sells them for 117.85 CDN which
    currently gives an exchange rate of 82.99 plus shipping

    I've dealt with them for many box sets and find them to be quite
    reliable if somewhat slow.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Sep 23, 2003