    These can be inspected in Christchurch.

    Email me if interested

    Remove x's to reply.

    James, May 31, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 31, 2004

  3. James

    cowboyz Guest

    > Winfast TV 2000 XP Expert model new $90

    I would be interested in this if you are willing to accept $50.

    cowboyz, May 31, 2004
  4. James

    James Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message

    > > Winfast TV 2000 XP Expert model new $90

    > I would be interested in this if you are willing to accept $50.

    Thankyou for your offer. $50 is not enough.
    Any better offers ?

    James, Jun 1, 2004
  5. James

    cowboyz Guest

    James wrote:
    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Winfast TV 2000 XP Expert model new $90

    >> I would be interested in this if you are willing to accept $50.
    >>

    > Thankyou for your offer. $50 is not enough.
    > Any better offers ?

    Very good then. My offer will stand if no one else takes you up and you
    still want to sell.

    cowboyz, Jun 1, 2004
  6. James

    James Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message

    > Very good then. My offer will stand if no one else takes you up and you
    > still want to sell.

    Yike cowboyz....
    This card cost me over $150 and I later realised it had the wrong
    chipset for my purpose. I'd rather use it as an ornament than sell it
    to anyone for $50 sorry.

    See www.pp.co.nz for lowest current prices on the same card.

    James, Jun 1, 2004
  7. James

    Collector Guest

    James wrote:

    >"cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Very good then. My offer will stand if no one else takes you up and you
    >>still want to sell.
    >>

    >Yike cowboyz....
    >This card cost me over $150 and I later realised it had the wrong
    >chipset for my purpose. I'd rather use it as an ornament than sell it
    >to anyone for $50 sorry.
    >
    >See www.pp.co.nz for lowest current prices on the same card.

    Can not resist it
    Leadtek TV2000XP Deluxe WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe is the best way to
    turning your PC into a high definition TV and FM entertainment center
    $94.00 $105.75 Compulink
    <http://www.pricespy.co.nz/c_57.html?d=0#57> 1st Jun 03:20 no ID

    Collector, Jun 1, 2004
  8. James

    James Guest

    As Collector pointed out, the WinFast TV 2000 XP Expert card
    is worth far more than the $50 offer from Cowboyz,
    even at one of the cheapest suppliers in NZ. www.compulink.co.nz

    James, Jun 1, 2004
  9. James

    cowboyz Guest

    James wrote:
    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Very good then. My offer will stand if no one else takes you up and
    >> you still want to sell.
    >>

    > Yike cowboyz....
    > This card cost me over $150 and I later realised it had the wrong
    > chipset for my purpose. I'd rather use it as an ornament than sell it
    > to anyone for $50 sorry.
    >
    > See www.pp.co.nz for lowest current prices on the same card.

    Well we have found that I aren't going to pay $90 and you aren't going to
    accept $50 so have you got a new offer, unless it really looks quite good as
    an ornament.

    cowboyz, Jun 1, 2004
  10. James

    GraB Guest

    >Well we have found that I aren't going to pay $90 and you aren't going to
    >accept $50 so have you got a new offer, unless it really looks quite good as
    >an ornament.

    $90 seems reasonable to me considering Paradigm's price of $141. You
    would be getting screwed if you let it go for $50. Some predator is
    expecting you to subsidise their computing.

    GraB, Jun 1, 2004
  11. James

    James Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message

    > >Well we have found that I aren't going to pay $90 and you aren't going to
    > >accept $50 so have you got a new offer, unless it really looks quite good

    as
    > >an ornament.
    > >

    > $90 seems reasonable to me considering Paradigm's price of $141. You
    > would be getting screwed if you let it go for $50. Some predator is
    > expecting you to subsidise their computing.

    Smile...exactly what I thought Grab. Hope some genuine buyer
    sees my post and want's the card at $90.

    James, Jun 1, 2004
  12. James

    GraB Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:45:55 +1200, "James" <>
    wrote:

    >"GraB" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> >Well we have found that I aren't going to pay $90 and you aren't going to
    >> >accept $50 so have you got a new offer, unless it really looks quite good

    >as
    >> >an ornament.
    >> >

    >> $90 seems reasonable to me considering Paradigm's price of $141. You
    >> would be getting screwed if you let it go for $50. Some predator is
    >> expecting you to subsidise their computing.

    >Smile...exactly what I thought Grab. Hope some genuine buyer
    >sees my post and want's the card at $90.

    Well, I would have been interested in it myself but on limited funds
    there are higher priorities.

    GraB, Jun 1, 2004
  13. James

    cowboyz Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:45:55 +1200, "James" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> "GraB" <> wrote in message

    >>> $90 seems reasonable to me considering Paradigm's price of $141.
    >>> You would be getting screwed if you let it go for $50. Some
    >>> predator is expecting you to subsidise their computing.

    That doesn't seem fair. The guy brought a capture card without doing his
    homework and ended up with something with a chipset that he didn't want.
    Wants to sell. I made an offer based on what the card is worth to me. It
    was refused. That is fine. I don't see how that makes me a predator
    expecting anyone to subsidise my computing.

    >> Smile...exactly what I thought Grab. Hope some genuine buyer
    >> sees my post and want's the card at $90.

    What makes someone a "genuine" buyer?

    > Well, I would have been interested in it myself but on limited funds
    > there are higher priorities.

    Bad luck for you. This limits the sellers market. If enough people find
    themselves in this position then the seller is going to either have a really
    stupid/ugly ordiment or will sell for the highest offer. Better luck to me
    if it happens to be me. If not I might just buy one retail. I don't care
    really.

    cowboyz, Jun 1, 2004
  14. James

    samg Guest

    "James" <> wrote in news::

    > As Collector pointed out, the WinFast TV 2000 XP Expert card
    > is worth far more than the $50 offer from Cowboyz,
    > even at one of the cheapest suppliers in NZ. www.compulink.co.nz

    true, all depends on how fast he wants to sell. Longer he waits, less itll
    be worth. Ive got lots of old parts I held onto thinking I would make up a
    few more machines out of one day and never got round to it. Lost a bloody
    fortune by not selling straight away.

    Anyway, give it a month or two and im sure itll be sold.

    samg, Jun 1, 2004
  15. James

    GraB Guest

    >I made an offer based on what the card is worth to me.

    That doesn't make it a fair price. That is well below a fair price.
    That is taking advantage of the sellers perceived situation hoping he
    is forced to sell for a ridiculous price.

    >>> Smile...exactly what I thought Grab. Hope some genuine buyer
    >>> sees my post and want's the card at $90.

    >What makes someone a "genuine" buyer?

    Making a more realistic offer which the buyer is more likely to
    accept.

    >> Well, I would have been interested in it myself but on limited funds
    >> there are higher priorities.

    >Bad luck for you. This limits the sellers market. If enough people find
    >themselves in this position then the seller is going to either have a really
    >stupid/ugly ordiment or will sell for the highest offer. Better luck to me
    >if it happens to be me. If not I might just buy one retail. I don't care
    >really.

    Buy one retail? But it was only worth $50 to you!!

    GraB, Jun 1, 2004
  16. James

    colinco Guest

    In article <40bbde84$>, says...
    > This card cost me over $150 and I later realised it had the wrong
    > chipset for my purpose.

    So you tried both the Deluxe and the Expert - What chipset did you end
    up with?

    colinco, Jun 1, 2004
  17. James

    cowboyz Guest

    GraB wrote:

    >> I made an offer based on what the card is worth to me.

    > That doesn't make it a fair price. That is well below a fair price.
    > That is taking advantage of the sellers perceived situation hoping he
    > is forced to sell for a ridiculous price.

    You call it taking advantage. I call it opportunity.

    >> Bad luck for you. This limits the sellers market. If enough people
    >> find themselves in this position then the seller is going to either
    >> have a really stupid/ugly ordiment or will sell for the highest
    >> offer. Better luck to me if it happens to be me. If not I might
    >> just buy one retail. I don't care really.

    > Buy one retail? But it was only worth $50 to you!!

    Second hand it is worth $50 to me. I don't mind paying retail if it comes
    to that. There are advantages to paying retail.

    cowboyz, Jun 1, 2004
  18. James

    James Guest

    "colinco" <> wrote in message
    > In article <40bbde84$>, says...
    > > This card cost me over $150 and I later realised it had the wrong
    > > chipset for my purpose.
    > >

    > So you tried both the Deluxe and the Expert - What chipset did you end
    > up with?

    BT878P I think from memory, but the Expert card has a different chipset
    from the Deluxe model and won't run the little program I wanted to run.
    (grin)
    The Pixelview Play TV Pro card also has the BT878 chipset and does work
    with *that* software, but not quite as well as the Winfast Deluxe card.
    I eventually decided to buy the appropriate subscription and have all the
    available benefits, analogue and digital.

    James, Jun 1, 2004
  19. GraB wrote:

    >>I made an offer based on what the card is worth to me.

    > That doesn't make it a fair price. That is well below a fair price.
    > That is taking advantage of the sellers perceived situation hoping he
    > is forced to sell for a ridiculous price.

    For second hand gear I always halve the retail cost, and then figure it
    out from there.
    To me this is only worth $70 tops... but, Im not in the market to buy
    either.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 1, 2004
  20. James

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:54:48 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_please.dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >>>I made an offer based on what the card is worth to me.

    >> That doesn't make it a fair price. That is well below a fair price.
    >> That is taking advantage of the sellers perceived situation hoping he
    >> is forced to sell for a ridiculous price.

    >For second hand gear I always halve the retail cost, and then figure it
    >out from there.
    >To me this is only worth $70 tops... but, Im not in the market to buy
    >either.

    If it is boxed and not installed in the PC I think it is worth a bit
    more. Also, how many second-hand ones are there?

    GraB, Jun 2, 2004