    Pick up from Wellington central or email for delivery price (rather cheap
    I'd expect).
    acetone at orcon dot net dot nz

    Acetyldehyde, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Acetyldehyde

    Tick Tock Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:41:33 +1300, "Acetyldehyde" <>
    wrote:

    >PC case fans. 12 v dc, 8 cm.
    >
    >1 for $6
    >2 for $10
    >4 for $18
    >8 for $30
    >16 for $50
    >32 for $80
    >
    >Pick up from Wellington central or email for delivery price (rather cheap
    >I'd expect).
    >acetone at orcon dot net dot nz

    PP sells them for $4..

    Tick Tock, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Tick Tock wrote:
    >>PC case fans. 12 v dc, 8 cm.

    > PP sells them for $4..

    And if you buy 8 or more, he's cheaper... considerably once you get 16
    or 32.

    And with that many even a prescott would be cool.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Acetyldehyde

    Acetyldehyde Guest

    Or as many as you want for $4 each.

    Acetyldehyde, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Acetyldehyde

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <c1dlrg$1hfr28$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Tick Tock wrote:
    > >>PC case fans. 12 v dc, 8 cm.

    > > PP sells them for $4..

    > And if you buy 8 or more, he's cheaper... considerably once you get 16
    > or 32.
    >
    > And with that many even a prescott would be cool.

    How do you fit 32 fans in a case, there would be no room for the computer

    Mainlander, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Mainlander wrote:
    >>And if you buy 8 or more, he's cheaper... considerably once you get 16
    >>or 32.
    >>And with that many even a prescott would be cool.

    > How do you fit 32 fans in a case, there would be no room for the computer

    You couldn't, well, not unless you had a really big case.

    With Prescott P4 CPU's you need all the cooling you can get, they make
    the so called hot AMD CPUs seem like refridgeration units... 25-30% hotter.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Mainlander wrote:
    > In article <c1dlrg$1hfr28$-berlin.de>,
    > says...

    >>> PP sells them for $4..

    >> And if you buy 8 or more, he's cheaper... considerably once you get
    >> 16 or 32.
    >>
    >> And with that many even a prescott would be cool.

    > How do you fit 32 fans in a case, there would be no room for the
    > computer

    16 per side in a 4 x 4 grid of course!!!!
    plenty of room :)

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Feb 25, 2004
  8. Acetyldehyde

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <bgU_b.1364$>,
    "Russell Smithies" <> wrote:

    >16 per side in a 4 x 4 grid of course!!!!
    >plenty of room :)

    One of my servers has 3x 15 cm fans mounted in a partition separating the
    front part of the case (drive bays) from the rear (electronics). The draft
    is powerful enough to pull trouser legs against the front grille if you get
    too close. But they are cooling 3 RAID arrays totalling 18 hot-swap
    drives...

    Another job for bulk fans is room cooling / ventilation. An array of them
    fits well into square openings such as a window frame. I have a 3x6 array of
    old computer fans (mains voltage) in my garage, mounted in a cutout between
    wall studs. It keeps the place fume-free when I'm working in there.

    "I don't use Linux. I prefer to use an OS supported by a large multi-
    national vendor, with a good office suite, excellent network/internet
    software and decent hardware support."

    Don Hills, Feb 25, 2004
  9. On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:04:47 +1200, Don Hills wrote:

    > Another job for bulk fans is room cooling / ventilation.

    Commodity exhaust fans are cheaper and _much_ quieter.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Feb 28, 2004
  10. Acetyldehyde

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>,
    Uncle StoatWarbler <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:04:47 +1200, Don Hills wrote:
    >
    >> Another job for bulk fans is room cooling / ventilation.

    >Commodity exhaust fans are cheaper and _much_ quieter.

    Not if you already have the muffin fans,
    and are wearing ear protectors anyway. <grin>

    Don Hills, Feb 28, 2004