FS - ISS Proventia M10

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Al Dente, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Al Dente

    Al Dente Guest

    The Ultimate Internet Defense System: Proventia M10 Integrated Security
    Appliance
    Firewall - Antivirus - Anti-Spam - Intrusion Prevention - Web Content
    Blocking - VPN
    BRAND NEW IN BOX

    You are bidding on one of the most powerful Internet security devices ever
    made. The Proventia M10 is a comprehensive Internet security device for your
    home or office. The Proventia M10 provides all the security features you
    need in one, compact appliance. This unit will provide your home or office
    total protection from Internet threats. You can also control access to web
    sites, protecting your children from inappropriate web threats. And since
    the control is on your firewall, there is no way even a crafty teenager will
    be able to circumnavigate this defense.

    The list of features in the M10 is impressive:

    Firewall
    The M10 is a full-powered stateful-packet inspection firewall. It can
    enforce firewall rules both inbound and outbound, as well as to a single DMZ
    port

    VPN
    Industry standard IPsec gateway-to-gateway VPN allows you to connect your
    M10 to a corporate office or enterprise network securely.

    Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
    The M10 includes Internet Security Systems powerful, enterprise-class
    intrusion prevention engine. Designed from the ground up as a
    protocol-analysis engine, the IPS engine in the M10 can preemptively detect
    and block thousands of known exploits protecting your network from the
    latest worms, viruses, and hacking tactics.

    E-Mail Protection
    The M10 can scan and monitor e-mail connections automatically blocking
    dangerous attachments or scripts.

    In-Line Anti-Virus
    The integrated anti-virus component scans all inbound email and web surfing
    to detect, block, and protect your computers from harmful viruses and worms.
    The system automatically updates itself with the latest anti-virus
    signatures.

    Internet Content Monitoring and Protection
    Need to protect your children from inappropriate web sites or want to cut
    down on employees surfing the web? The Proventia M10 can automatically
    block access to millions of web sites based on categories. You can also
    create rules to control which users can access which sites. Its an
    enterprise-class content control, in one single appliance. For example, you
    could automatically block access to pornographic, hate-speech, or even
    on-line gambling web sites with just a few clicks of the mouse.
    Other Great Features

    Automatic Updates
    Proventia integrated security appliances are updated automatically via
    X-Press Update enhancements that deliver the most up-to-date protection
    against the latest vulnerabilities and threats, eliminating manual updates
    and downtime. X-Press Updates are compiled by ISS' world-renowned X-Force
    security intelligence team.

    Easy to Use
    Proventia integrated security appliances offer flexible configuration
    options for deployment, response and notification, as well as simple on/off
    capabilities for activating security content modules. Administrators can
    choose how they are notified of important security events.

    Built-in Security Intelligence
    Thanks to the built-in X-Force security intelligence, Proventia integrated
    security appliances provide easily accessible event details - including full
    descriptions with recommended actions and responses.

    World-Class Support
    ISS offers 24/7 global support and service for all components of Proventia
    integrated security appliances including platform updates, technical support
    and Advanced Exchange replacement.
    Proventia M10 Specifications
    Stateful Throughput Speed (Firewall only) 100 Mbps
    Full Inspection Speed - Firewall, IPS and Web Filtering 100 Mbps
    Full Inspection Speed - Intrusion Prevention, Web Filtering and Anti-virus
    (mail only) 43 Mbps
    Full Inspection Speed - Intrusion Prevention, Web Filtering and Anti-virus
    (mail, ftp, web) 34 Mbps
    Maximum Connections per second 2,125
    Maximum Concurrent Sessions 101,000
    VPN
    Maximum VPN 3DES Encryption Speed 25 Mbps
    Maximum VPN AES Encryption Speed 50 Mbps
    Maximum VPN 3DES Encryption Speed with Hardware Acceleration NA
    Maximum VPN AES Encryption Speed with Hardware Acceleration NA
    VPN Capacity or Maximum Recommended Tunnels (Site-to-Site / Remote) 100
    Email (With both Antivirus and Antispam)
    Maximum Number of 1K Messages throughput per Hour 13,212
    Maximum Number of 1K Messages with 500K attachment throughput per hour
    2,640
    Number of Users included
    (Firewall and IPS services are unlimited, AV, AntiSpam and Web Blocking
    features are limited to a number of users).
    Ports 10/100 Mbps Copper 3: Internal, External, DMZ
    Power Standard 115 Volt

    YOU WILL NEED:

    High Speed Internet Connection
    Router or Bridge for your Internet Connection (like a cable modem or DSL
    router)
    Switch (optional, you might want to go and get a 4 or 8 port switch like a
    Linksys).
    A Network Interface Card in your computer.
    This unit will be connected from your cable modem or DSL bridge. It will
    serve as your "perimeter" defense on your home network.

    Be prepared when you get this system. Its powerful with lots of features.
    Combine industrial strength intrusion prevention with firewall, VPN,
    antivirus, Web filtering and antispam technologies in a single,
    easy-to-manage appliance.

    EXPORT RESTRICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT ANY INTERNATIONAL SALES. SHIPMENT TO USA
    OR CANADA ONLY.

    This is a powerful, business-class security device. You can't buy something
    like this at Fry's or WalMart. Its too powerful. This unit retails for close
    to $2200.00.

    This is a NEW, never used unit, in original packing.... $ 900

    pickup in Atlanta, or U.S shipping VIA USPS Insured Priority Shipping-
    $15.00

    email me at: m9876c at yahoo dot com

    Al Dente, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Al Dente wrote:

> [...]
    > Linksys).
    > A Network Interface Card in your computer.
    > This unit will be connected from your cable modem or DSL bridge. It will
    > serve as your "perimeter" defense on your home network.
    >
    > Be prepared when you get this system. Its powerful with lots of features.
    > Combine industrial strength intrusion prevention with firewall, VPN,
    > antivirus, Web filtering and antispam technologies in a single,
    > easy-to-manage appliance.
    >
    > EXPORT RESTRICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT ANY INTERNATIONAL SALES. SHIPMENT TO USA
    > OR CANADA ONLY.
    >
    > This is a powerful, business-class security device. You can't buy
    > something like this at Fry's or WalMart. Its too powerful. This unit
    > retails for close to $2200.00.
    >
    > This is a NEW, never used unit, in original packing.... $ 900
    >
    > pickup in Atlanta, or U.S shipping VIA USPS Insured Priority Shipping-

    This device is CRAP!!!!!!! Do not buy it!!!!!!!!
    CRAP!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

    Michael J. Pelletier, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Al Dente

    Leythos Guest

    In article <MONtd.420774$a85.256396@fed1read04>,
    says...
    > This device is CRAP!!!!!!! Do not buy it!!!!!!!!
    > CRAP!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

    Nice of you to repost His entire sales spew.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Al Dente

    winged Guest

    Leythos wrote:
    > In article <MONtd.420774$a85.256396@fed1read04>,
    > says...
    >
    >>This device is CRAP!!!!!!! Do not buy it!!!!!!!!

    > Nice of you to repost His entire sales spew.

    But he is right, it is crap.

    winged, Dec 9, 2004