FS/FT: Thundarr the Barbarian DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Rick OConnor, Sep 26, 2004.

  1. Rick OConnor

    Rick OConnor Guest

    Hello, (please forgive the cross post if not applicable to your newsgroup)

    A friend of mine recently wanted me to back up a copy of Thundarr the
    Barbarian on DVD, but the first set of three DVDs didn't work on my
    standalone players. THEY DO work on my computer drives, so I'm not sure if
    the problem is with my table top players, but I think it has to do with the
    weird menu that was on the source disc these were burned from.

    Basically I was wondering if anyone would be interested in these cartoons
    since I hate to toss the discs. There are three discs, all about 1 hour 45
    minutes, I think 18 episodes or so, but from what my friend says its the
    whole series. The source looks to be recorded off cartoon network some time
    ago commercial free and didn't notice any "bugs" in the corner of the
    screen.

    All in all good quality they just may not play in a table top player, but
    they have played on two different computers DVD drives. They are DVD + R

    All I ask is 3 blank DVD-R's for the 3 discs and a couple bucks shipping (or
    a total 5 DVDRs if that easier)

    If anyone's interested, please email me.

    Thanx!
    Rick
    Rick OConnor, Sep 26, 2004

  2. "Rick OConnor" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, (please forgive the cross post if not applicable to your newsgroup)
    >
    > A friend of mine recently wanted me to back up a copy of Thundarr the
    > Barbarian on DVD, but the first set of three DVDs didn't work on my
    > standalone players. THEY DO work on my computer drives, so I'm not sure

    if
    > the problem is with my table top players, but I think it has to do with

    the
    > weird menu that was on the source disc these were burned from.

    This is why is doesn't play on your DVD player---its .AVI crap---not even
    VCD Mpeg-1 quality!

    Take soda can from fridge. Take TtB "Disc" du jour from case. Put Disc onto
    coffee table. Take sip from soda. Put soda onto Disc. Repeat steps for discs
    2-3. Voila. You have found TtB Disc's entire purpose in "life". :)

    ---
    Buffy Summers, Oct 17, 2004