frustration with product activation,

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by saylo1234@yahoo.com, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi everyone:

    I just had a frustrating experience with my software program,
    DragonNaturallySpeaking.

    The package and the instructions say that I can have it installed
    on more than one computer.

    The advertisement for the software also states the same thing.

    However, when I tried to install it on my second computer, I was
    not able to do it. This is because I had already activated on my first
    computer, so a second activation was not allowed.

    I am not a pirate, nor am I trying to get something that is above
    and beond the End User Agreement.

    At first, I tried send an email to technical support. However,
    the company "ScanSoft" wanted to charge me $9.00 for emailing Tech
    support.

    I just spent $200 on their software, and they want me to spend
    $9.00 for technical support? That is just ridiculous. My blood is
    boiling!

    Anyways, I was able to find a different email address for
    customer support (non-technical).

    I don't know how long it will take them to get back to me.

    All I know is that Scansoft is a very piss poor company when it
    comes to product support.

    The communication channels are very limited. It is just not a
    good experience.

    I have already invested $200. I will not be buying another
    product from them. I am angry about it.

    I hope they can resolve my issue--an issue that should not have
    been there in the first place, because it is stated on their End User
    Agreement that I am allowed to have the product installed on more than
    two computers.

    I just wanted to vent. I want to SHOUT! I am feeling
    frustrated!!!

    signed: Frustrated.

    By the way, ScanSoft has changed their name to Nuance. Ironic isn't
    it? It is a real Nusance to deal with them. They are a terrible
    company with whom to do business. I hated the whole experience.

    Terrible.

    , Nov 28, 2005

  2. Duane Arnold Guest

    I don't think you have a Tech. Support issue. You have a problem with the
    second activation of the product. You should be able to call the sales
    staff if possible and indicate you have an activation issue because their
    activation process indicates that you have used two activations and is
    blocking the second one. You should find another number other than Tech
    Support and give it a try.

    It cannot hurt.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 29, 2005

  3. bmoag Guest

    Wait until Norton Antivirus trashes your entire operating system and then
    you will know what frustration and total non-support can be like.

    bmoag, Nov 29, 2005
  4. tehball Guest

    bmoag wrote:
    > Wait until Norton Antivirus trashes your entire operating system and then
    > you will know what frustration and total non-support can be like.

    Sure it's Norton that trashed your OS.

    Couldn't be poor surfing habits, porn surfing, shadey program
    downloading, cutting programs in and out, not performing system
    maintenance and general lack of user knowledge.

    It's all about Norton.... Yeah right!

    tehball, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Travis Guest

    You purchased a single-user lisense that only works with 1 person, legally.
    There are ways around that, but you should just perchase a second lisence
    for it.

    Or if you have LimeWire, then serach it on LimeWire

    Travis, Nov 30, 2005
  6. nos1eep Guest

    On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:19:21 GMT, "Travis" <> chewed
    somnambulantly over a chucker-full cup of spasm and bleated:

    <You purchased a single-user lisense that only works with 1 person,
    legally.
    <There are ways around that, but you should just perchase a second
    lisence
    <for it.
    <
    <Or if you have LimeWire, then serach it on LimeWire

    While your at it search for a spell checker.

    *stalk*

    <
    <<> wrote in message
    <> Hi everyone:
    <>
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 30, 2005
  7. John Guest

    I don't mean to rub salt into the wound, but you shouldn't have
    bothered with a Voice Recognition program like Dragon. VR is still a
    long way from being usable. I'm sure it was version 7 or 8 that I got
    of Dragon and its completely useless. It's faster to just type that to
    try and dictate or to convert a speech file. Even after a lot of
    training it still gets 50% of the dictations wrong.

    I'd say at least another 10 years minimum before Voice Recognition
    technology for the consumer gets anywhere near acceptable in
    performance.

    John

    John, Nov 30, 2005
  8. nos1eep Guest

    On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:46:22 +0000, John <> chewed
    somnambulantly over a chucker-full cup of spasm and bleated:

    <I don't mean to rub salt into the wound, but you shouldn't have
    <bothered with a Voice Recognition program like Dragon. VR is still a
    <long way from being usable. I'm sure it was version 7 or 8 that I got
    <of Dragon and its completely useless. It's faster to just type that
    <try and dictate or to convert a speech file. Even after a lot of
    <training it still gets 50% of the dictations wrong.
    <
    <I'd say at least another 10 years minimum before Voice Recognition
    <technology for the consumer gets anywhere near acceptable in
    <performance.
    <
    <John
    I do not mean to be rude, John, but what the **** are you babbling