    mysticcrimros
    mysticcrimrose's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1108
    View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=181905297

    mysticcrimrose, Mar 24, 2005

  2. mysticcrimrose

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    mysticcrimrose wrote:
    > I have a virus in my computer and I am very confused on how to get rid
    > of it. I am going to be getting a better virus scan in like 2 weeks
    > when I get paid but for the mean time I have AVG free edition. (I know
    > not the best but...) The virus is the javabyteverify...how do I get it
    > out of my computer?

    http://www.24help.info/showthread.php?t=215473&page=2&pp=5 should guide
    you through it.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 24, 2005

  3. mysticcrimrose

    ts570d Guest

    AVG is a very good virus program regardless of the price. Save your
    money. You said nothing about the problem, just that you were very
    confused. I gather you think you have a virus, but what did AVG say or
    do or not do? What virus did it find that it could not fix? Did you run
    Spybot Search and Destroy? Then, do. If you have a particular nasty on
    the computer, write it down and then search for a fix on the net.

    ts570d, Mar 24, 2005
  4. I am not all that computer literate I am still learning a lot about i
    so it is not hard for me to get confused. Below is what the scan tell
    me

    This virus abuses the security vulnerability in Java Virtual Machin
    described in MS03-011, which gives posibility of runing potentiall
    dangerous operation to java program (like working with files)

    Trojan horse using this vulnerability changes Internet Explorer Hom
    page

    The fix is available on Microsoft web pages lik
    WindowsUpdate.Microsoft.co

    Search a virus name

    Partial name

    Java/ByteVerif

    that is the complete message that the AVG gives me. and when I go t
    where it tells me to go it is not specific enough for me to find what
    need. As I said before I am still learining how to do this stuff an
    can't figure it out. If you have any further suggestions I would reall
    appriciate the help

    Thanks mc

    mysticcrimrose, Mar 24, 2005
  5. mysticcrimrose