    find any mention of it in the help menu or on Mozilla's site, or
    anything. Any help would be appreciated very much.
    Thankyou,

    Ryon, Jun 25, 2006

  2. Ryon

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ryon wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just got Mozilla and I've been testing it out. I really like it -
    > except for one problem that I haven't been able to fix.
    > All the time, no matter what page I'm on or what I'm doing (reading,
    > scrolling, typing, etc) the browser will randomly decide to lag, and
    > hang there for around 5 seconds, sometimes longer. In that time I can't
    > switch windows or anything. I can move the cursor but I can't click
    > anything because it's stuck in whatever form it was when it started to
    > lag.
    >
    > This is really starting to frustrate me, and I haven't been able to
    > find any mention of it in the help menu or on Mozilla's site, or
    > anything. Any help would be appreciated very much.
    > Thankyou,

    Never seen this myself. But it would be helpful to know what operating
    system and some specs on the system you are using for others to help
    troubleshoot this.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jun 25, 2006

  3. Ryon

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Jun 25, 2006
  4. Ryon

    Steve in NC Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Ryon wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I just got Mozilla and I've been testing it out. I really like it -
    >> except for one problem that I haven't been able to fix.
    >> All the time, no matter what page I'm on or what I'm doing (reading,
    >> scrolling, typing, etc) the browser will randomly decide to lag, and
    >> hang there for around 5 seconds, sometimes longer. In that time I can't
    >> switch windows or anything. I can move the cursor but I can't click
    >> anything because it's stuck in whatever form it was when it started to
    >> lag.
    >>
    >> This is really starting to frustrate me, and I haven't been able to
    >> find any mention of it in the help menu or on Mozilla's site, or
    >> anything. Any help would be appreciated very much.
    >> Thankyou,

    > Never seen this myself. But it would be helpful to know what operating
    > system and some specs on the system you are using for others to help
    > troubleshoot this.

    Perhaps it's not mozilla that's causing your problem :)

    Do you scan for viruses and such often? Are you on dial up? So many
    questions, so many options....
    Steve in NC, Jun 25, 2006
  5. Ryon

    Steve in NC Guest

    Steve in NC, Jun 25, 2006
  6. Ryon

    Ryon Guest

    I'm on Windows XP.

    I've already checked for viruses and spyware, that was my first thought
    on what it would be, but nothing came up. Also, this problem doesn't
    show up with anything else; it's Firefox-exclusive.

    Ryon, Jun 25, 2006
  8. Ryon

    Ryon Guest

    Should I just get rid of it then?