    I'm on a dialup and often click on what I think is blank space only to be
    stuck for a minute or two while an advert page opens.

    , Jul 7, 2003

  2. Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help s said:

    > When you accidentally click an add on a page like Yahoo there seems to be
    > no way to stop it opening.
    > Clicking stop or Esc doesn't work.
    > I'm on a dialup and often click on what I think is blank space only to be
    > stuck for a minute or two while an advert page opens.

    Then stop repeating the same mistake.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 7, 2003

  3. °Mike° Guest

    Set your home page to a blank page in internet options.
    If ever you click on a link by accident, press [ALT]+[HOME]
    and a blank page will be instantly displayed. You should
    be able to go "back" to the previous page.

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:36:21 -0700, in
    <>
    s scrawled:

    >When you accidentally click an add on a page like Yahoo there seems to be
    >no way to stop it opening.
    >Clicking stop or Esc doesn't work.
    >I'm on a dialup and often click on what I think is blank space only to be
    >stuck for a minute or two while an advert page opens.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2003
  4. sethra Guest

    s wrote in news::

    > When you accidentally click an add on a page like Yahoo there seems to be
    > no way to stop it opening.
    > Clicking stop or Esc doesn't work.
    > I'm on a dialup and often click on what I think is blank space only to be
    > stuck for a minute or two while an advert page opens.

    Run an ad blocker or HTTP proxy.

    --
    ~sethra

    sethra, Jul 8, 2003