    While I am on the internet I sometimes get a frozen screen which makes
    me have to reboot. I have tried cleaning temporary internet files and
    cookies, but it still freezes. Any ideas? Please help.

    john, Dec 20, 2004

  2. john

    °Mike° Guest

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    Now maintained by InterMute
    http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

    On 20 Dec 2004 09:52:52 -0800, in
    <>
    john scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 20, 2004

  3. john

    Nowhere Guest

    What do Blaster and Shredder do, That Adware and Spybot don't?

    Nowhere, Dec 20, 2004
  4. john

    °Mike° Guest

    SpywareBlaster prevents known bad ActiveX from ever
    running -- it's a prevention system.

    CWShredder removes a particularly nasty hijacker, CoolWebSearch,
    which most spyware/malware removers cannot even detect, let
    alone remove.

    You would have known the above if you had bothered to read
    the links.

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:10:24 -0000, in
    <cq7832$s07$>
    Nowhere scrawled:

    >What do Blaster and Shredder do, That Adware and Spybot don't?
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 20, 2004
  5. john

    Nowhere Guest

    I couldn't be bothered. But thank you.

    Nowhere, Dec 20, 2004
  6. john

    °Mike° Guest

    That's OK, the next time I see a post from you
    I think I'll not be bothered to help -- you don't
    make a lot of sense, anyway.

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:24:20 -0000, in
    <cq78t6$fsl$>
    Nowhere scrawled:

    >I couldn't be bothered. But thank you.
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> SpywareBlaster prevents known bad ActiveX from ever
    >> running -- it's a prevention system.
    >>
    >> CWShredder removes a particularly nasty hijacker, CoolWebSearch,
    >> which most spyware/malware removers cannot even detect, let
    >> alone remove.
    >>
    >> You would have known the above if you had bothered to read
    >> the links.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 20, 2004
  7. john

    hawhaw Guest

    yeah sounds like a damaged activex trying to execute itself, go into your
    windows folder, open up the " Downloaded Program Files" folder & delete all
    unknown activex plugins, or just delete them all, the ones you really neen
    like window update..etc will reinstall themselves next time you use the
    service.

    hawhaw, Dec 20, 2004