Frozen Bubbles New Site

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by amyotte, Dec 8, 2003.

  1. amyotte

    amyotte Guest

    My existing webpage could not handle the traffic :) so thanks to a
    suggestion by Charlie Dilks I have set up the pics at the link below.
    http://www.pbase.com/amyotte/frozenbubbles

    The first picture
    Stress Crack Dec.07/03
    Kodak DX6340 f5.6, ISO100, 1/1000sec

    The second picture
    Frozen Bubbles Dec.07/03
    Kodak DX6340 f4, ISO100, 1/750sec

    From the original post...

    A poster recently displayed the current fall colours in Houston.

    Our colours have all gone but the new ice can yield some beautiful displays.
    We have not had too much snow but the temps have been low.

    Playing with my new Kodak DX6340 and came up with these 2 shots, of many.

    I'm 150km NE of Toronto.

    Brian
    amyotte, Dec 8, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    "amyotte" <> wrote:

    > http://www.pbase.com/amyotte/frozenbubbles

    > The first picture
    > Stress Crack Dec.07/03
    > Kodak DX6340 f5.6, ISO100, 1/1000sec
    >
    > The second picture
    > Frozen Bubbles Dec.07/03
    > Kodak DX6340 f4, ISO100, 1/750sec

    > Playing with my new Kodak DX6340 and came up with these 2 shots, of many.

    The bubbles are interesting, but I think a closer shot would have been
    more effective.
    Just a thought, but maybe something like this crop of your photo.
    http://frutsel.terrainhost.com/frutselapp/dump/charlied/bubb.jpg

    I hope pbase works well for you.
    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
    Charlie Dilks, Dec 8, 2003

  3. amyotte

    Frank ess Guest

    amyotte wrote:
    > My existing webpage could not handle the traffic :) so thanks to a
    > suggestion by Charlie Dilks I have set up the pics at the link below.
    > http://www.pbase.com/amyotte/frozenbubbles
    >

    > The first picture
    > Stress Crack Dec.07/03
    > Kodak DX6340 f5.6, ISO100, 1/1000sec
    >
    > The second picture
    > Frozen Bubbles Dec.07/03
    > Kodak DX6340 f4, ISO100, 1/750sec

    Cool.
    Frank ess, Dec 8, 2003
  4. amyotte

    Roe Thomas Guest

    Yea snivel Charlie. Wild life photo dosen't always get the studio shots.
    Why do some clowns alway bitch when someone catches a neat shot??? Roe

    Roe Thomas, Dec 9, 2003
  5. amyotte

    amyotte Guest

    > The bubbles are interesting, but I think a closer shot would have been
    > more effective.
    > Just a thought, but maybe something like this crop of your photo.
    > http://frutsel.terrainhost.com/frutselapp/dump/charlied/bubb.jpg
    >
    > I hope pbase works well for you.

    Thanks for your comments.

    Actually I had a couple of close up shots of different bubbles but I
    thought the reflection of the tree in the background gave it a water
    look so I left the cropping to those that wanted to.

    Haven't tried this as I am still experimenting but does software
    cropping lose the history embedded in the picture?
    I know just go out and try it but I am at work and the
    question/thought just hit me and my train of thought can be derailed
    so easily. :)

    Brian
    amyotte, Dec 9, 2003
  6. In article <>,
    (amyotte) wrote:

    > Haven't tried this as I am still experimenting but does software
    > cropping lose the history embedded in the picture?
    > I know just go out and try it but I am at work and the
    > question/thought just hit me and my train of thought can be derailed
    > so easily. :)

    Sorry, I don't know.
    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
    Charlie Dilks, Dec 9, 2003
  7. amyotte

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 9 Dec 2003 09:48:30 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
    (amyotte) wrote:

    >Actually I had a couple of close up shots of different bubbles but I
    >thought the reflection of the tree in the background gave it a water
    >look so I left the cropping to those that wanted to.
    >
    >Haven't tried this as I am still experimenting but does software
    >cropping lose the history embedded in the picture?
    >I know just go out and try it but I am at work and the
    >question/thought just hit me and my train of thought can be derailed
    >so easily. :)

    If you mean the EXIF info, then it depends upon what program you use to
    manipulate the image.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    Ed Ruf, Dec 9, 2003