Frontpage script src problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Its me, Jul 12, 2007.

  1. Its me

    Its me Guest

    Its me, Jul 12, 2007

  2. Its me

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:15:18 GMT, "Its me" <>
    wrote:

    >> Hi
    >> I have used FP for a while but never the command

    Huh?

    >> <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
    >> type="text/javascript">
    >>
    >> </script>
    >>
    >> <script type="text/javascript">
    >>
    >> _uacct = "UA-2196872-1";
    >>
    >> urchinTracker();
    >>
    >> </script>
    >>
    >> When I paste this in to the html screen prior to /body I can 'see' it as
    >> visible text on the actual website
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    Works here.

    What's the URL?
    Evan Platt, Jul 12, 2007

  3. Its me wrote:

    >> Hi
    >> I have used FP for a while

    My condolences.

    >> but never the command
    >> <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
    >> type="text/javascript"></script>

    That part belongs within the <head> section. (as one line)

    >> <script type="text/javascript">
    >> _uacct = "UA-2196872-1";
    >> urchinTracker();
    >> </script>

    That part belongs in the <body> section.

    >> When I paste this in to the html screen prior to /body I can 'see' it
    >> as visible text on the actual website
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    Hopefully, you didn't insert the code with the ">" in front of it, like
    you pasted into your post.

    Be aware FrontPlague is famous for .. um .. rearranging pasted code.

    Also be aware that no counts will be registered for the ~10% of visitors
    who have JavaScript disabled, or have JavaScript stripped by corporate
    firewalls.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 12, 2007
  4. Its me

    Its me Guest

    This is the url http://www.columbiaapartments.com.au/360views.html
    FP-Frontpage

    -Stephen

    Its me, Jul 13, 2007
  5. Its me

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:43:25 GMT, "Its me" <>
    wrote:

    >This is the url http://www.columbiaapartments.com.au/360views.html
    >FP-Frontpage

    At the top, I see
    <script
    src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"type="text/javascript"></script>
    at the top.

    Looking at the source code, you have

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    &lt;script src="<A
    href="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js">http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js</A>"type="text/javascript"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

    Fix the &crap...
    Evan Platt, Jul 13, 2007
  6. Its me wrote:

    > This is the url http://www.columbiaapartments.com.au/360views.html
    > FP-Frontpage

    You copied the text of the script, and FrontPlague converted the
    < and > brackets to &lt; and &gt; which are HTML entities.

    Near the bottom of the page you have all the calling script code buried
    within separate HTML paragraphs:

    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Calibri color=#1f497d size=2><SPAN
    style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri">&lt;script
    type="text/javascript"&gt;</SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Calibri color=#1f497d size=2><SPAN
    style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri">_uacct =
    "UA-2196872-1";</SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Calibri color=#1f497d size=2><SPAN
    style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-FAMILY:
    Calibri">urchinTracker();</SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Calibri color=#1f497d size=2><SPAN
    style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-FAMILY:
    Calibri">&lt;/script&gt;</SPAN></FONT></P>

    Told ya FrontPlague was bad. <g>

    BTW, whatever that applet is in the middle of the page:
    <applet name="studioviewer"
    asks my Firefox browser to "download and install a plug-in". You really
    think I want to do that? In Opera, all I see is a tiny outlined box with
    the words "Java a" in it.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 13, 2007