    Thanks
    --
    XBL : D0C RAY
    KerplunKuK, Nov 27, 2005

  2. KerplunKuK wrote:

    > I have an image sized 1024*768 for use in FrontPage as a
    > background. However this image is cut off and the bottom is
    > missing. I tried resizing but can't get the image right. What
    > size is needed for the perfect background?
    > Thanks

    Something very small and repeated lots of times. That way it won't
    take so long to load that everybody using dialups will give up and
    leave the site.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 27, 2005

  3. KerplunKuK

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, KerplunKuK
    <[dot]uk> wrote:

    > I have an image sized 1024*768 for use in FrontPage as a background.
    > However this image is cut off and the bottom is missing. I tried resizing
    > but can't get the image right. What size is needed for the perfect
    > background?

    What do you mean, so that it fits everyone's display?

    Display resolution is different between users, browser window size is
    different... there is no size for what you are asking.
    You just have to choose -- so big that some people lose the edges, or
    small enough to fit on most, even if most have some space around it?

    Worse, though -- images and patterns behind text are so annoying (and
    so obviously distracting) they are an unforgivable Web site error.
    Sites like that need never be read, as they obviously don't care.
    Mitch, Nov 27, 2005
  4. KerplunKuK

    Dave Lear Guest

    "KerplunKuK" wrote in message news:

    > I have an image sized 1024*768 for use in FrontPage as a background.
    > However this image is cut off and the bottom is missing. I tried resizing
    > but can't get the image right. What size is needed for the perfect
    > background?

    Well, as I use a resolution of 1920x1024 I'd like a picture that size,
    preferably of lady mudwrestlers.
    Dave Lear, Nov 27, 2005
  5. Dave Lear, <>, the no-chinned, cut-price pillow biter,
    and linen draper and shirtmaker, bullshitted:

    > "KerplunKuK" wrote in message news:
    >
    >> I have an image sized 1024*768 for use in FrontPage as a background.
    >> However this image is cut off and the bottom is missing. I tried
    >> resizing but can't get the image right. What size is needed for the
    >> perfect background?

    > Well, as I use a resolution of 1920x1024 I'd like a picture that size,
    > preferably of lady mudwrestlers.

    Having it is one thing, you gormless ****, knowing what to do with the
    fucker is quite another.
    Ronald Cobender, Nov 27, 2005
  6. KerplunKuK

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 03:39:35 -0000, "KerplunKuK"
    <[dot]uk> wrote:

    >I have an image sized 1024*768 for use in FrontPage as a background.

    1st problem , too big.
    2nd FP.
    3rd you didn't say if the issue is in a browser, in FP, what file format
    the file is, what resolution the display you are viewing it in is, what
    ver of FP. how you added the picture to FP - imported , drag/drop. FP
    will alter image files without telling you)

    >However this image is cut off and the bottom is missing. I tried resizing

    No URL to see the problem in a browser.

    >but can't get the image right. What size is needed for the perfect

    Smart resize, manual forced daft resize by setting height/width manually
    in the img tag.

    >background?

    No perfect size assume all displays aren't running at the same
    resolution as yours.

    >Thanks

    Me
    why?, Nov 27, 2005