    The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007 standards!!
    just need help with this as im updating my old site from 86 and things must
    have change!
    fastmoggy, Jun 19, 2010

  2. fastmoggy

    fastmoggy Guest

    "fastmoggy" <> wrote in message
    news:G2bTn.69794$nz1.47162@hurricane...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im now
    > getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory available
    > to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory
    > available and press again'
    > Well here's my comp specs
    > 3.gig processor
    > 2 gig memory
    > win xp pro
    >
    > The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007 standards!!
    > just need help with this as im updating my old site from 86 and things
    > must have change!
    >
    > Make that 96! still irritating error message though!!

    Im able to do 2 pages before this message appears, i can work through it but
    i have cancel the error message every time.
    fastmoggy, Jun 20, 2010

  3. fastmoggy

    chuckcar Guest

    "fastmoggy" <> wrote in

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im
    > now getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory
    > available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more
    > memory available and press again'
    > Well here's my comp specs
    > 3.gig processor
    > 2 gig memory
    > win xp pro
    >
    > The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007
    > standards!! just need help with this as im updating my old site from
    > 86 and things must have change!

    Try a) disabling startup b) shutting down *everything* else in the
    foreground.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 20, 2010
  4. On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:56:56 +0100, fastmoggy wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im now
    > getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory available to
    > complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory available
    > and press again'
    > Well here's my comp specs
    > 3.gig processor
    > 2 gig memory
    > win xp pro
    >
    > The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007 standards!!
    > just need help with this as im updating my old site from 86 and things must
    > have change!

    does XP pro come with FrontPage?

    6/20/2010 10:46:34 AM
    --
    Tommy
    my webpages : www.hal-pc.org/~toner27
    Tommy McClure, Jun 20, 2010
  5. fastmoggy

    fastmoggy Guest

    "Tommy McClure" <tmDEL72@hal-pcmunged..org> wrote in message

    > On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:56:56 +0100, fastmoggy wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im now
    >> getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory available
    >> complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory
    >> available
    >> and press again'
    >> Well here's my comp specs
    >> 3.gig processor
    >> 2 gig memory
    >> win xp pro
    >>
    >> The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007 standards!!
    >> just need help with this as im updating my old site from 86 and things
    >> must
    >> have change!

    > does XP pro come with FrontPage?

    In short NO. In days of old, FrontPage was included with windows operating
    system but then pulled so they could include it with word 2003 (unless it
    was before then?)

    Ok so not helpful reply but thanks anyway
    fastmoggy, Jun 20, 2010
  6. fastmoggy

    chuckcar Guest

    > On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:56:56 +0100, fastmoggy wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im
    >> now getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory
    >> available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make
    >> more memory available and press again'
    >> Well here's my comp specs
    >> 3.gig processor
    >> 2 gig memory
    >> win xp pro
    >>
    >> The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007
    >> standards!! just need help with this as im updating my old site from
    >> 86 and things must have change!

    > does XP pro come with FrontPage?

    It's a free download from Microsoft. Has been since after 98 1st edition

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=478630ca-3137-4e82-a539-225b7ba80d2a

    appears to be the last version they produced.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 20, 2010
  7. fastmoggy

    fastmoggy Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > Tommy McClure <tmDEL72@hal-pcmunged..org> wrote in
    >

    >> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:56:56 +0100, fastmoggy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im
    >>> now getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory
    >>> available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make
    >>> more memory available and press again'
    >>> Well here's my comp specs
    >>> 3.gig processor
    >>> 2 gig memory
    >>> win xp pro
    >>>
    >>> The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007
    >>> standards!! just need help with this as im updating my old site from
    >>> 86 and things must have change!

    >> does XP pro come with FrontPage?
    >>

    > It's a free download from Microsoft. Has been since after 98 1st edition
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=478630ca-3137-4e82-a539-225b7ba80d2a
    >
    > appears to be the last version they produced.
    >
    > --

    Err Thanks for the info but my question still remains unanswered!
    Ive downloaded the program anyway but im a little miffed that an 'Genuine'
    copy is giving me so much bother.
    With the introduction of the Windows genuine advantage tool, is there anyway
    that it has identified my genuine copy of FrontPage? bundled software from
    yonks ago as a nasty?. Apart from the error message i keep getting all of a
    sudden there is no message telling me otherwise.
    Oh well i'll keep banging on and do ones best.
    fastmoggy, Jun 21, 2010
  8. fastmoggy

    chuckcar Guest

    "fastmoggy" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> Tommy McClure <tmDEL72@hal-pcmunged..org> wrote in
    >>

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyI
    >> D=478630ca-3137-4e82-a539-225b7ba80d2a
    >>
    >> appears to be the last version they produced.
    >>
    >> --

    > Err Thanks for the info but my question still remains unanswered!
    > Ive downloaded the program anyway but im a little miffed that an
    > 'Genuine' copy is giving me so much bother.
    > With the introduction of the Windows genuine advantage tool, is there
    > anyway that it has identified my genuine copy of FrontPage? bundled
    > software from yonks ago as a nasty?. Apart from the error message i
    > keep getting all of a sudden there is no message telling me otherwise.
    > Oh well i'll keep banging on and do ones best.

    You didn't see my other reply? In addition, you *do* shut your computer
    *completely* off - *not* standby - when you're not using it right?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 21, 2010
  9. fastmoggy

    Tony Guest

    I saw your other reply, i'd like to shut your computer off.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
    on the job for potty mouth,

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jun 21, 2010
  10. fastmoggy

    Tony Guest

    That's because his mommy will box his ears for using too much electricity.

    Tony, Jun 21, 2010