Front USB ports on P4800-VM in a Apex ATX PC-115 case

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mike, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi,

    I'm looking for drivers, if they exist, for the front USB ports on my APEX
    ATX PC-115 computer case. The motherboard is an ASUS P4800-VM with a Celeron
    2.4GHz chip.

    I'm running Windows XP and the Device Manager in the Control Panel tells me
    the drivers
    for the ports are non-existant.

    If not a driver issue, what else should I be looking at?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Look in the BIOS and ensure that all USB ports are enabled. Also make sure
    that the front USB ports are properly physically connected to the m/b. Make
    sure you have installed the correct chipset drivers from the m/b
    installation CD or Asus site. If using XP you should have SP1 installed for
    full USB support.

    --

    Kenny

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    Kenny Cargill, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Mike

    Thor Guest

    "Kenny Cargill" <> wrote in message
    > Look in the BIOS and ensure that all USB ports are enabled. Also make

    sure
    > that the front USB ports are properly physically connected to the m/b.

    Make
    > sure you have installed the correct chipset drivers from the m/b
    > installation CD or Asus site. If using XP you should have SP1 installed

    for
    > full USB support.

    Only if the ports are USB 2.0, however.

    Thor, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Mike

    Trent© Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:30:51 -0500, "Mike" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm looking for drivers, if they exist, for the front USB ports on my APEX
    >ATX PC-115 computer case. The motherboard is an ASUS P4800-VM with a Celeron
    >2.4GHz chip.
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP and the Device Manager in the Control Panel tells me
    >the drivers
    >for the ports are non-existant.
    >
    >If not a driver issue, what else should I be looking at?

    What EXACTLY does the error message say?

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!

    Trent©, Jan 23, 2004