    third columns automatically when a name gets added in alpha order?

    Thanks in advance
    Joe
    Joe, Jan 29, 2008

  2. Joe wrote:

    > Using FP2000

    My condolences. :)

    > I've got a list of members on my website which I would like to put in
    > columns. Is there a way of getting the names to flow into the second
    > and third columns automatically when a name gets added in alpha
    > order?

    No way that I am aware of. You could do this with a server-side script
    and a database, but that is probably overkill.

    And the ease of hand-coding such a "flow" would depend on the current
    construction of the page, e.g. if you are using lists, or tables ...

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 29, 2008

  3. Joe

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:04:49 GMT, "Joe"
    <> wrote:

    >Using FP2000
    >
    >I've got a list of members on my website which I would like to put in
    >columns. Is there a way of getting the names to flow into the second and
    >third columns automatically when a name gets added in alpha order?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Joe

    Check out some CGI or PHP scripts. You could not update automatically
    "on the fly" with html alone.
    richard, Jan 29, 2008
  4. Joe

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:04:49 GMT, Joe wrote:

    >Using FP2000
    >
    >I've got a list of members on my website which I would like to put in
    >columns. Is there a way of getting the names to flow into the second and
    >third columns automatically when a name gets added in alpha order?

    This isn't a FP issue, it can't help you do this.

    The best (or at least easy) but just as bad as FP is do the table in
    Excel, Save As HTML. Not nice.

    Excel (another spreadsheet) will quite easily take

    name1
    name2
    name3

    allow that to be sorted, then set up a table, to transpose the vertical
    list into this format.

    name1 name2 name3
    name4 name5 .....

    Generally anything thike this is done with a bit of scripting, it's
    easier.

    >Thanks in advance
    >Joe

    Me