    Can you still locate front page express anywhere...
    yerr, i know its basic but its all I need
    Cheers
    John, Oct 13, 2003

  2. John

    Lennier Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:52:15 +1300, John wrote:

    > Hi
    > Can you still locate front page express anywhere...
    > yerr, i know its basic but its all I need
    > Cheers

    Yes - Frontpage Express has undergone a name change, and is now being
    developed by a different organisation.

    It's now downloadable from http://www.mozilla.org .

    It's now called Mozilla, and it's now quite sophisticated and has some
    very advanced and modern functionality. It also produces web pages
    that have very clean and standards-compliant code.

    The old frontpage Express has not seen the light of day since the days
    when it was bundled on the Windows98 installation CD; and it never
    produced very good code.

    Lennier
    Lennier, Oct 13, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:23:50 +1300, Lennier
    <> wrote:

    >The old frontpage Express has not seen the light of day since the days
    >when it was bundled on the Windows98 installation CD; and it never
    >produced very good code.

    Yes, but you didnt have to download 11 megs!
    cheers
    Thanks
    John
    John, Oct 13, 2003
  4. John

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Lennier" wrote

    Lennier, your an arse ****...
    T.N.O., Oct 13, 2003
  5. John

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <pan.2003.10.13.05.23.41.111364@TRACKER>,
    lid says...
    > On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:52:15 +1300, John wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > Can you still locate front page express anywhere...
    > > yerr, i know its basic but its all I need
    > > Cheers

    > Yes - Frontpage Express has undergone a name change, and is now being
    > developed by a different organisation.

    Absolute bulldust.
    Mainlander, Oct 13, 2003
  6. John

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:23:50 +1300, Lennier
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >The old frontpage Express has not seen the light of day since the days
    > >when it was bundled on the Windows98 installation CD; and it never
    > >produced very good code.

    > Yes, but you didnt have to download 11 megs!

    Anyway Lennier is lying - Mozilla is not developed from Frontpage Express
    Mainlander, Oct 13, 2003
  7. John

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi
    > Can you still locate front page express anywhere...
    > yerr, i know its basic but its all I need

    If you can find an IE4 installation CD that's where it is included.
    Mainlander, Oct 13, 2003
  8. "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > In article <pan.2003.10.13.05.23.41.111364@TRACKER>,
    > lid says...
    > > On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:52:15 +1300, John wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > > Can you still locate front page express anywhere...
    > > > yerr, i know its basic but its all I need
    > > > Cheers

    > > Yes - Frontpage Express has undergone a name change, and is now being
    > > developed by a different organisation.

    > Absolute bulldust.

    maybe a load of crap, but makes for pleasent read and a bit of a chuckle. i
    suppose the next thing he is going to tell is that windows 95 changed it's
    name and came out as linux :)
    lostforwords.org, Oct 13, 2003
  9. John

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:11:20 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >"Lennier" wrote
    >> Yes - Frontpage Express has undergone a name change, and is now being
    >> developed by a different organisation.
    >>
    >> It's now downloadable from http://www.mozilla.org .

    >Lennier, your an arse ****...

    Now you've got me confused Dave, I thought it was quite funny, do you?
    Bret, Oct 13, 2003
  10. John

    Bret Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:52:15 +1300, John wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Can you still locate front page express anywhere...
    >> yerr, i know its basic but its all I need
    >> Cheers

    >Yes - Frontpage Express has undergone a name change, and is now being
    >developed by a different organisation.
    >
    >It's now downloadable from http://www.mozilla.org .
    >
    >It's now called Mozilla, and it's now quite sophisticated and has some
    >very advanced and modern functionality. It also produces web pages
    >that have very clean and standards-compliant code.
    >
    >The old frontpage Express has not seen the light of day since the days
    >when it was bundled on the Windows98 installation CD; and it never
    >produced very good code.

    LOL
    Bret, Oct 13, 2003
  11. John

    BTMO Guest

    "John" <> wrote

    > Hi
    > Can you still locate front page express anywhere...
    > yerr, i know its basic but its all I need
    > Cheers

    Our old friends at google say...

    http://intgrunits.olivet.edu/other.htm

    Cheers,

    Brenton
    BTMO, Oct 13, 2003
  12. John

    Eagle Eye Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Can you still locate front page express anywhere...
    > yerr, i know its basic but its all I need
    > Cheers

    I used to use that, but don't any longer. If you are using a recent version
    of IE, it's no longer part of it. The lastest version that had it was IE
    5.01 on the full installation (or typical, plus manually add Frontpage
    Express). On my Win98SE system it came preinstalled with IE 5.0, so if I
    really wanted to, I could revert my IE 6.0 (SP1) version back to IE 5.0,
    then update to IE 5.01 with FPE, then update back to IE 6.0 (SP1).

    Here are a few places you can look at:

    http://www.fluffbucket.com/fpe/fpehome.htm

    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Ithaca/6623/fpx.htm
    Eagle Eye, Oct 13, 2003
  13. John

    Lennier Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:49:45 +1300, lostforwords.org wrote:

    > maybe a load of crap, but makes for pleasent read and a bit of a chuckle.

    And that was my intention!

    You would have noted near the bottom of that post that I actually said
    where he could find a copy of FrontPage Express - the WIN98 CD-ROM.

    Lennier
    Lennier, Oct 13, 2003
  14. John

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bret" wrote
    > >> It's now downloadable from http://www.mozilla.org .

    > >Lennier, your an arse ****...

    > Now you've got me confused Dave, I thought it was quite funny, do you?

    mildly.. but Im tired... I'll look at it again later in the day :)
    T.N.O., Oct 13, 2003
  15. John

    Enkidu Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:32:14 +1300, Bret <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:11:20 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Lennier" wrote
    >>> Yes - Frontpage Express has undergone a name change, and is now being
    >>> developed by a different organisation.
    >>>
    >>> It's now downloadable from http://www.mozilla.org .

    >>Lennier, your an arse ****...
    >>

    >Now you've got me confused Dave, I thought it was quite funny, do you?

    It's just tiresome...

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.
    Enkidu, Oct 14, 2003
  16. John

    The Flash Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Can you still locate front page express anywhere...
    > yerr, i know its basic but its all I need
    > Cheers

    This site tells how to install Frontpage express on XP or 2000

    Plus has the two cabs you need and a neat install program

    http://www.troyandjessica.com/index.php?pid=38
    The Flash, Oct 15, 2003