From The Economist

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by The Man Behind The Curtain, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Not trying to start any arguments one vs. the other, since I know little
    and have little emotional investment in either, but I thought this was
    interestsing:

    Economist Weekly Briefing:

    The Stringer show

    Investors took a dim view of Sony's revival plan, unveiled last week.
    The company's share price in Tokyo fell, wiping out recent gains.
    Moody's said it was reviewing Sony's credit rating over concern that the
    potential for low profits in its electronics unit would stymie the
    proposed turnaround. See article

    Sony also suffered a huge blow in its prominent backing of the
    much-touted Blu-ray technology for the next generation of
    high-resolution DVDs. Both Intel and Microsoft backed Toshiba's rival
    HD-DVD format as the industry standard.

    The Man Behind The Curtain, Sep 29, 2005