From outlook to thunderbird

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Erri, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. Erri

    Erri Guest

    Hi!
    It's possible import messages from outlook express to thunderbird ?

    Thanks.

    Tu portal de Aix en Español
    http://aixpanish.com

    Erri, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Erri wrote:
    > Hi!
    > It's possible import messages from outlook express to thunderbird ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Tools>>Import

    In the wizard check the Mail radio button. ON the next screen choose
    Outlook Express.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Erri

    Erri Guest

    But i use linux and in this version i only see netscape 4 import option.

    Erri, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Erri

    Q Guest

    Is it possible to go from Outlook (not express) to Thunderbird??

    Q, Jan 10, 2005
  5. Q wrote:
    > Is it possible to go from Outlook (not express) to Thunderbird??
    >

    > "Erri" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi!
    >>It's possible import messages from outlook express to thunderbird ?
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    Yes, Tools>>Import>>Mail>>Outlook

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 11, 2005
  6. Erri wrote:
    > But i use linux and in this version i only see netscape 4 import option.
    >

    > "Leonidas Jones" <> escribió en el mensaje
    >
    >>Erri wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi!
    >>>It's possible import messages from outlook express to thunderbird ?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>

    >>Tools>>Import
    >>
    >>In the wizard check the Mail radio button. ON the next screen choose
    >>Outlook Express.
    >>
    >>Lee

    You use Outlook Express on Linux????

    Maybe. There is an awful lot I don't know about Linux, but I've never
    heard of an OE version that would work,orare you running some sort of
    emulator?
    More likely though, are you trying to import mail from OE on a Windows
    computer to TB on a Linux computer. If so, set up TB on the Windows
    machine, then import as I described. Once the files are in TB's mbox
    format, they can easily be copied over to the Linux version of TB.

    If this doesn't help you, could be a little more specific about exactly
    what you are trying to do?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 11, 2005
  7. Erri

    Erri Guest

    Leonidas Jones escribió:
    > Erri wrote:
    >> But i use linux and in this version i only see netscape 4 import option.
    >>

    >> "Leonidas Jones" <> escribió en el mensaje

    >>> Tools>>Import
    >>>
    >>> In the wizard check the Mail radio button. ON the next screen choose
    >>> Outlook Express.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    > You use Outlook Express on Linux????
    >
    > Maybe. There is an awful lot I don't know about Linux, but I've never
    > heard of an OE version that would work,orare you running some sort of
    > emulator?
    > More likely though, are you trying to import mail from OE on a Windows
    > computer to TB on a Linux computer. If so, set up TB on the Windows
    > machine, then import as I described. Once the files are in TB's mbox
    > format, they can easily be copied over to the Linux version of TB.
    >
    > If this doesn't help you, could be a little more specific about exactly
    > what you are trying to do?
    >
    > Lee

    No. I have two partitions. On the first linux. On the second windows xp
    with outlook express.

    Erri, Jan 11, 2005
  8. Erri wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones escribió:
    >
    >> Erri wrote:
    >>
    >>> But i use linux and in this version i only see netscape 4 import option.
    >>>

    >>> "Leonidas Jones" <> escribió en el mensaje

    >> You use Outlook Express on Linux????
    >>
    >> Maybe. There is an awful lot I don't know about Linux, but I've never
    >> heard of an OE version that would work,orare you running some sort of
    >> emulator?
    >> More likely though, are you trying to import mail from OE on a Windows
    >> computer to TB on a Linux computer. If so, set up TB on the Windows
    >> machine, then import as I described. Once the files are in TB's mbox
    >> format, they can easily be copied over to the Linux version of TB.
    >>
    >> If this doesn't help you, could be a little more specific about
    >> exactly what you are trying to do?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > No. I have two partitions. On the first linux. On the second windows xp
    > with outlook express.

    Same workaround then. Install TB in the Windows partition. Use
    Tools>>Import to transfer the files. Then copy them to the Linux partition.

    It is possible to get Thunderbird to look at the same fiels from each
    partition.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 11, 2005
  9. Erri

    Erri Guest

    Ohh! thanks. Where i will keep my mind ?
    That's a good idea.

    Regards.

    Erri, Jan 11, 2005