from home to win XPx64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?V2l6em93?=, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. Is this for free or does it come couse i have bought one home edition

    =?Utf-8?B?V2l6em93?=, Dec 2, 2005

  2. No, Windows XP Professional x64 is not for free, there was an Upgrade
    Advantage for persons who purchased a 64 bit computer within a specific
    period, but that ended on July 31st, 2005. You have to purchase the Full OEM
    Version from one of the following vendors with qualifying hardware:
    http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102034
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14638&vpn=ZAT-00007&manufacture=Microsoft

    I suggest you check out Charlie Russels recent Web cast to find out if
    Windows XP Professional x64 meets your needs:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;896031

    It is not a bed of roses for many.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 2, 2005

  3. Are you running a 32-bit machine or 64-bit?

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 2, 2005
  4. I think he is.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 2, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?V2l6em93?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    Or.. You can just pretend your a business, become a microsoft partner and
    subscribe to the MAPS (about $299/year) and you get the x64 edition of
    windows (10 licenses, though darn if I didn't lose my stickers with the
    keys) , along with all the other operating systems, servers, and office
    software...

    -Rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 3, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?V2l6em93?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    Well, if he was running Winxp home, chances are, yes, he's either running a
    32-bit or 64-bit machine, I would have to agree.

    -Rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 3, 2005
  7. Well, he confirmed today he is running the following specs:
    Does that make my PC to work better or, becouse i have this Computer
    AMD Athlon 64 +3200, 2,21GHz 1,25 GiB ram.

    Bruce and I gave Wizzow some recommendations on preparing for it, such as
    making sure peripheral devices, applications are compatible with XP Pro x64.
    Wizzow also plans on doing a dual boot install. Forget, Wizzow said he/she
    will hold out for now.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 3, 2005
  8. But heres the catch, if you discontinue from the program, your licenses
    become invalid and cannot be activated.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 3, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?V2l6em93?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    That used to be true, I don't think it's true anymore -- but that's OK, i
    don't plan on discontinuuing.

    Besides, if the software's installed and you don't have a public computer,
    without breaking privacy laws there's like no way you can have the broken
    licenses mean anything.

    -Rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 4, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?V2l6em93?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    Don't mind me, I'm just making noise.

    -Rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 4, 2005
  11. hehe :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 4, 2005