    howie Guest

    Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
    transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book. TIA

    howie, Mar 30, 2007

  2. howie

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 30 Mar 2007 11:14:42 -0700, "howie" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
    >>transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book. TIA

    > You want specific instructions yet you ask an incredibly vague
    > question?
    >
    > What address book?

    Yeah, and what file format are the addresses on the floppy disk saved as?

    WhzzKdd, Mar 30, 2007

  3. howie

    Mike Easter Guest

    howie wrote:
    > Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
    > transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book.

    What sounds stupid is the way you chose to ask the question.

    You didn't describe the format or the condition of the address file
    which is on the floppy. You didn't describe the 'environment' of the
    addressbook which you are trying to transfer to.

    That means that you are thinking about something which you failed to
    describe and then you are assuming that those who read your 'stupid'
    question are going to be able to read your [deleted] mind.

    So, then the reader has to imagine something and having imagined it,
    then give an answer to the question not as asked.

    You are posting to a newsgroup using googlegroups but not having logged
    in with a gmail address, and you are using a windows operating system
    and browser to do so. Presumably you are not asking about how to import
    an addressbook which you exported from some kind of windows addressbook
    to the floppy to import into some kind of webmailer like gmail.

    If you exported a windows addressbook in the form of a .wab file saved
    on the floppy, then you would import it into a windows addressbook by
    opening the new addressbook and using the File/ Import/ Windows
    addressbook .wab function.

    If you were going to export an addressbook from a windows addressbook
    and import it into a webmailer like gmail you would do it completely
    different from that by exporting and importing it as a .csv file, not a
    ..wab.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2007
  4. howie

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-03-30, howie <> wrote:
    > Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
    > transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book. TIA

    You can get a Filofax six-hole punch to make your own pages, if you get
    paper the right size.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 30, 2007
  5. howie

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 30 Mar 2007 11:14:42 -0700, "howie" <> wrote:

    >Sounds stupid I know, but I need specific instruction on how to
    >transfer addresses from a floppy to the address book. TIA

    You want specific instructions yet you ask an incredibly vague
    question?

    What address book?

    Tried google?

    Evan Platt, Mar 30, 2007