From DVD on computer to TV

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Elise, Jun 13, 2004.

  1. Elise

    Elise Guest

    Hi, Can anyone help me, i have a DVD player on my computer, is it possible
    to play dvd's on my computer but watch them on the television.
    Elise, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Elise

    What The! Guest

    Yes.

    What The!, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Elise

    Leadfoot Guest

    "Elise" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Can anyone help me, i have a DVD player on my computer, is it possible
    > to play dvd's on my computer but watch them on the television.

    Does your video card have an s-video output?

    Does your tv have an s-video input?

    In my case I have a Home theater receiver with the computer hooked up to the
    VCR2 s-video and the s-video switched to the TV through the receiver. I can
    also play my mp3's and DTS albums from my hard drive direct to my receiver
    through the optical connector from my soundcard

    The key search term you want to use is Home Theather PC or HTPC. Do a
    google search and you will learn much grasshopper.
    Leadfoot, Jun 13, 2004
  4. Elise

    Elise Guest

    I have no s-video output on my Toshiba Satellite laptop pentium four.
    The thing is I have aDVD player but ca't connect it.
    So I guess ,,I better find someone to do it for me.

    Thanks
    Elise

    Elise, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Elise

    GMAN Guest

    In article <1sozc.9767$>, "Elise" <> wrote:
    >I have no s-video output on my Toshiba Satellite laptop pentium four.
    >The thing is I have aDVD player but ca't connect it.
    >So I guess ,,I better find someone to do it for me.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Elise

    Why waste your time. Buy an elcheapo DVD player for $29 form Best Buy and be
    done with it.
    GMAN, Jun 16, 2004