    Thinking of changing from Dial up to broadband,can you help me with who is
    the best value and service, at the mo I have a bt line but will change if
    necessary, any advice would be very appreciated TIA <<<minty>>>

    Guest, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Guest

    Gordon Guest

    "<<<Minty>>>" <> wrote in message
    news:ccc03a$d2b$...
    > Thinking of changing from Dial up to broadband,can you help me with who is
    > the best value and service, at the mo I have a bt line but will change if
    > necessary, any advice would be very appreciated TIA <<<minty>>>

    You have far more choice of provider if you stick with the BT line. If you
    change to a cable co line, then you basically have two choices - the
    broadband supplied by your cable co, or AOHELL.

    Gordon, Jul 5, 2004

  3. Guest

    Hamman Guest

    "<<<Minty>>>" <> wrote in message
    > Thinking of changing from Dial up to broadband,can you help me with who is
    > the best value and service, at the mo I have a bt line but will change if
    > necessary, any advice would be very appreciated TIA <<<minty>>>

    Well, firstly, dont get Wanadoo or AOHell.

    Go on www.adslguide.org.uk and run an ISP comparison.

    Eclipse, Nildram and a couple of others will come out top. If you want to
    sign up to eclipse its £23 a month for full uncapped 512k (feel free to use
    my referer code: EAKSL)

    Depending on your area you may be able to get cable, have a look on the NTL
    websites.

    hamman

    Hamman, Jul 5, 2004
  4. Guest

    Dominic Guest

    <<<Minty>>> wrote:
    > Thinking of changing from Dial up to broadband,can you help me with
    > who is the best value and service, at the mo I have a bt line but
    > will change if necessary, any advice would be very appreciated TIA
    > <<<minty>>>

    Have a look at adslguide.org.uk as suggested, and also:

    www.net4nowt.com
    www.ispreview.co.uk
    www.uk-bug.net

    for other information, news and ISP reviews by users.

    Dominic

    --
    ICBroadband Tech Support - working for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
    General service status information telephone: 0870 760 5933

    Dominic, Jul 5, 2004
  5. "JAMES BENSON" <> wrote in message

    > "<<<Minty>>>" <> wrote in message
    > > Thinking of changing from Dial up to broadband,can you help me with who

    is
    > > the best value and service, at the mo I have a bt line but will change

    if
    > > necessary, any advice would be very appreciated TIA <<<minty>>>
    > >

    > Stick with bt, get broadband from them, I was with them for almost a year
    > and did not have a single problem, but now im with NTHELL and they are
    > constantly having problems with the network going down and bogus e-mail's
    > with viruses attached to them. check www.ntlworld.com and go to help then
    > service status and see for yourself. it's pathetic

    A warning before you decide to go to BT or BTYahoo Broadband - BT broadband
    is already capped and BTYahoo broadband is introducing a 15/30 (1) megabyte
    per month total usage cap early in 2005

    (1) Depends on whether you have the 512 or 1mbit service.

    Devil's Advocate, Jul 5, 2004
  6. Guest

    Dominic Guest

    JAMES BENSON wrote:
    > "<<<Minty>>>" <> wrote in message
    >> Thinking of changing from Dial up to broadband,can you help me with
    >> who is the best value and service, at the mo I have a bt line but
    >> will change if necessary, any advice would be very appreciated TIA
    >> <<<minty>>>

    > Stick with bt, get broadband from them, I was with them for almost a
    > year and did not have a single problem, but now im with NTHELL and
    > they are constantly having problems with the network going down and
    > bogus e-mail's with viruses attached to them. check www.ntlworld.com
    > and go to help then service status and see for yourself. it's pathetic

    There are many ISPs offering ADSL services that are far superior to
    BTYahoo/BTBroadband, for a lower price.

    Dominic

    Dominic, Jul 5, 2004
  7. Guest

    JAMES BENSON Guest

    JAMES BENSON, Jul 5, 2004
  8. Guest

    britishbull Guest

    I'm with Tiscali, £20 a month for 256k!

    britishbull, Jul 5, 2004
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "britishbull" <> wrote in message
    > I'm with Tiscali, £20 a month for 256k!
    >

    > "<<<Minty>>>" <> wrote in message
    > > Thinking of changing from Dial up to broadband,can you help me with who

    is
    > > the best value and service, at the mo I have a bt line but will change

    if
    > > necessary, any advice would be very appreciated TIA <<<minty>>>

    Thanks everyone! certainly got a lot to think about, Thanks for all
    help<<<Minty>>>

    Guest, Jul 5, 2004
  10. Guest

    Hamman Guest

    > I'm with Tiscali, £20 a month for 256k!

    Wow thats great! just think, you could have piad £4 more and got 512k from a
    *real* ISP.

    hamman

    Hamman, Jul 5, 2004
  11. Guest

    britishbull Guest

    who?

    britishbull, Jul 5, 2004
  12. Guest

    Dominic Guest

    britishbull wrote:
    > who?

    Well our 512kbps is £22.99, that's £3 more. If you don't mind a capped
    product, Plusnet start at £14.99 for 512kbps. Both provide *real* technical
    support too, not an outsourced call centre in a far away country.

    Dominic

    Dominic, Jul 5, 2004
  13. Guest

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Dominic" <> wrote in message
    >| > "Hamman" <> wrote in message

    >| britishbull wrote:
    >| > who?
    >|
    >| Well our 512kbps is £22.99, that's £3 more. If you don't mind a
    >| capped product, Plusnet start at £14.99 for 512kbps. Both provide
    >| *real* technical support too, not an outsourced call centre in a far
    >| away country.
    >|
    >| Dominic

    Ummm...for me that *would* be a call centre in a far away country ;o)

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 5, 2004
  14. Guest

    britishbull Guest

    >>>Well our 512kbps is £22.99

    Who is 'our'?

    britishbull, Jul 6, 2004
  15. Guest

    Dominic Guest

    britishbull wrote:
    > "Dominic" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Hamman" <> wrote in message

    >> britishbull wrote:
    >>> who?

    > Who is 'our'?

    The company I work for that appears on my signature that I ommitted from
    that post since I was trying not to advertise.
    www.icbroadband.com (posted subject to
    http://www.icbroadband.com/postingpolicy/, of course).

    There are many others who also have 512kbps uncapped for £22.99. You should
    have a look at the review/directory web sites mentioned previously.

    Dominic

    Dominic, Jul 6, 2004
  16. Dominic wrote:
    > britishbull wrote:
    >> "Dominic" <> wrote in
    >> message news:...

    >> Who is 'our'?

    > The company I work for that appears on my signature that I ommitted
    > from that post since I was trying not to advertise.
    > www.icbroadband.com (posted subject to
    > http://www.icbroadband.com/postingpolicy/, of course).

    Spam complaint sent to

    Kazunori Parker, Jul 6, 2004