From AT&T Tuesday at 1:50 PM

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tango, Jun 10, 2009.

  1. tango

    tango Guest

    Once and for all the message about AT&T discontinuing news groups is a fact.
    Yesterday I contacted AT&T tech support and after talking to two people they
    promised they would get bact to me.
    I just received that call and they informed me it is factual and AT&T will
    discontinue news groups as stated in the Emails sent to news groups.

    tango, Jun 10, 2009

  2. tango

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:50:47 GMT, tango <> wrote:

    >Once and for all the message about AT&T discontinuing news groups is a fact.

    I think everyone here but RtS will believe you.. :)

    >Yesterday I contacted AT&T tech support and after talking to two people they
    >promised they would get bact to me.
    >I just received that call and they informed me it is factual and AT&T will
    >discontinue news groups as stated in the Emails sent to news groups.

    Umm.. e-mails aren't sent to newsgroups. If it's an e-mail, it's an
    e-mail. If it's to newsgroups, it's a post.

    Just clarifying :-D

    Evan Platt, Jun 10, 2009

  3. tango

    Tony Guest

    I know, i already tried to tell richard that no usenet means *no* usenet. Next
    thing you know AT&T will be unleashing their FROGThrottle boxes on all their
    subscribers next!!

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Jun 10, 2009
  4. tango

    tango Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:50:47 GMT, tango <> wrote:
    >
    >>Once and for all the message about AT&T discontinuing news groups is a
    >>fact.

    > I think everyone here but RtS will believe you.. :)
    >
    >>Yesterday I contacted AT&T tech support and after talking to two people
    >>they promised they would get bact to me.
    >>I just received that call and they informed me it is factual and AT&T
    >>will discontinue news groups as stated in the Emails sent to news
    >>groups.

    > Umm.. e-mails aren't sent to newsgroups. If it's an e-mail, it's an
    > e-mail. If it's to newsgroups, it's a post.
    >
    > Just clarifying :-D

    You're right, no argument just a mental typo. :)

    tango, Jun 10, 2009
  5. tango

    alan Guest

    "Lookout" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:50:47 GMT, tango <> wrote:
    >
    >>Once and for all the message about AT&T discontinuing news groups is a
    >>fact.
    >>Yesterday I contacted AT&T tech support and after talking to two people
    >>they
    >>promised they would get bact to me.
    >>I just received that call and they informed me it is factual and AT&T will
    >>discontinue news groups as stated in the Emails sent to news groups.

    > When switched to AT&T about 9 months ago they told me it was already
    > gone. Bastards lied to me.

    AT&T *ALWAYS* lies to you. Last month, at the suggestion of a friend who
    was switching from Earthlink (an even worse ISP) to AT&T, I registered with
    AT&T so I could "refer" him and get a $25.00 "referral fee". He duly
    entered the referral number and nothing happened. When he inquired, he was
    told that he had *not* given the referral code and that, in any case, it was
    too late to do it now. Fuckin' bastards . . .

    alan, Jun 10, 2009
  6. tango

    freemont Guest

    On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:07:18 -0700, Evan Platt writ:

    > If it's to newsgroups, it's a post.

    (article) ;-)

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"

    freemont, Jun 11, 2009
  7. tango

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:46:43 +0000, freemont
    <> wrote:

    >(article) ;-)

    Post, article.. Either one. Not an e-mail. :)

    Evan Platt, Jun 11, 2009