From 70-210 to 70-215 or 70-218?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Miha \(SLOVENIA\), Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Hy!

    Im planing to get 70-210 in month or two.

    But then, what I should take, 70-215 or 70-218? Because I
    dont have a lot experinece whit network and servers.

    I read that 70-218 is easier then 70-215. But do I need to
    know how work Win2k Server to get started learning 70-215
    succsesfull?

    by Miha
    Miha \(SLOVENIA\), Feb 26, 2004

  2. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Guest Guest

    "But do I need to know how work Win2k Server to get
    started learning 70-215 succsesfull?"

    Right is so:
    But do I need to know how work Win2k Server to get started
    learning 70-218 succsesfull?

    by Miha
    Guest, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    JaR Guest

    Miha (SLOVENIA) opined, On 2/26/04 10:19 AM:

    > Hy!
    >
    > Im planing to get 70-210 in month or two.
    >
    > But then, what I should take, 70-215 or 70-218? Because I
    > dont have a lot experinece whit network and servers.
    >
    > I read that 70-218 is easier then 70-215. But do I need to
    > know how work Win2k Server to get started learning 70-215
    > succsesfull?

    You are joking. Aren't you? Please tell me this is a joke.

    JaR
    Hoping Thug
    JaR, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Miha Guest

    Why should be joke?

    by Miha
    Miha, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Why should be joke?

    To quote you from earlier:

    "I read that 70-218 is easier then 70-215. But do I need to
    know how work Win2k Server to get started learning 70-215
    succsesfull?"

    Are you seriously asking if you need to know how to work Win2K in order to
    pass the exam? Ridiculous. Of *course* you need to know how to work it. No,
    you don't need to be some supergenius, but you *do* need to be pretty
    competent with it. So go study from a book. Go get yourself an eval. copy of
    Win2K, get yourself a couple computers, set up a network, and learn. *THEN*
    go take the test.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Consultant Guest

    ok, a sailor walked into a bar with a parrot on his sholder.......

    Consultant, Feb 26, 2004
  7. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Miha Guest

    I made mistake. Righti is so:
    "I read that 70-218 is easier then 70-215. But do I need to
    know how work Win2k Server to get started learning !!!70-
    218!!! succsesfull?"

    Sorry for that. :)
    So is simple. If you got 70-210, what should be next step;
    70-215 or 70-218?

    And I learnig at the moment from book for 70-210. And I
    hawe network whit to PCs. Enough for practis Win2k. :)

    by Miha
    Miha, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > I made mistake. Righti is so:
    > "I read that 70-218 is easier then 70-215. But do I need to
    > know how work Win2k Server to get started learning !!!70-
    > 218!!! succsesfull?"
    >
    > Sorry for that. :)
    > So is simple. If you got 70-210, what should be next step;
    > 70-215 or 70-218?
    >
    > And I learnig at the moment from book for 70-210. And I
    > hawe network whit to PCs. Enough for practis Win2k. :)

    I suppose we could argue the difference between what you *said* and what you
    *meant* all day, but I suppose that I might have jumped to a conclusion
    before. You did say "...to get started learning", not "...to pass the exam".
    So, I guess, in reality, it's never too early (or late) to start learning.
    So, to answer your question, now that you've done 70-210, the next logical
    step is probably 70-215. That's the route most people take.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 26, 2004
  9. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    JaR Guest

    Consultant opined, On 2/26/04 11:46 AM:

    > ok, a sailor walked into a bar with a parrot on his sholder.......

    A priest, a minister and a rabbi walk into a bar.

    The bartender says: "What is this, a joke?"
    JaR, Feb 26, 2004
  10. Consultant wrote:
    > ok, a sailor walked into a bar with a parrot on his sholder.......
    >

    > "Miha" <> wrote in message
    >> Why should be joke?
    >>

    >> by Miha

    Joke by Miha is real
    Frisbee® MCNGP, Feb 26, 2004
  11. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Consultant Guest

    miha ha ha

    Consultant, Feb 26, 2004
  12. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    JaR Guest

    Frisbee® MCNGP opined, On 2/26/04 12:12 PM:
    > Consultant wrote:
    >
    >>ok, a sailor walked into a bar with a parrot on his sholder.......
    >>

    >>"Miha" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Why should be joke?
    >>>

    >>>by Miha

    > Joke by Miha is real

    Sadly, yes...
    JaR, Feb 26, 2004
  13. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Miha Guest

    Great. :)
    All what I wanted to know, is that:
    70-210 --> 70-215 --> 70-218 ..

    Tnx. ;)

    by Miha
    Miha, Feb 26, 2004
  14. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Brat Guest

    more like 210 -> 215 -> 217 ->218

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 26, 2004
  15. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    andreoutlaw Guest

    I did: 210 > 215 > 218 and then took MCDST to get my MCSA. I know, one extra
    test. But I took one of the betas for the MCDST and the company that I
    worked for paid for the A+ test. So I had a choice, one more random
    elective, the second half of the MCDST, or another $200. Comptia test. I
    went with the second half of the MCDST. Heck it gave me two certs.

    My advice to the original poster would be to take 215 then 218. There are
    things on all the core tests that you will see again. I felt that 218 was
    easier then the others but then again this was after I had taken the others.
    Since there are things that you will find again and again on the test I had
    been though alot of the material twice already. Thus the reason it was so
    easy. That and the fact that I was the administrator of a Windows 2000
    network already. If you don't have access to some computers that you install
    2k server on then I would recomend something like cbt nuggets to complement
    your training. Then you will have a visual guide as to what's going on. If
    you've never worked on a 2k system before then you may not truely know what
    is going on when they talk about it in a book. I know from studying for NT
    4.0 exam by reading. I had no idea what they were talking about and I didn't
    take the exam as a result.

    andreoutlaw, Feb 26, 2004
  16. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Brat Guest

    the reason I mentioned 217 was due to the AD portion of 218... I found 218 a
    breeze (barely studied more than 10 hours for it)... but then I had already
    taken 210, 215, 216, 217, 219 and 224 before 218 even came out.

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 26, 2004
  17. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)

    Miha Guest

    That is true that is book not all. I read and I
    understand something but some others dont. It will come
    whit practis. :)

    At the moment I have Win2kPro instaled on machine and I
    learning for 70-210 at the moment.
    Then, when I will have 70-210, I will instal Win2kAdv.Ser.
    and start learning and preparing for 70-215. And i have
    two computers, so I can simulate realy small network. But
    is it enough for testing some network practis.

    And by the way, I use Windows till they came on market. I
    started whit DOS, then Win 95, 98, XP and finaly 2k. So I
    have some basic skils.
    And now I want to get more sklis. That is all. :) Actuali
    I read 1/2 book in week (englis isnt my mother language,
    as you can see on mistakes :). So in two weeks I will be
    in the end of book. Then I think I would need about a
    month to prepare to 70-210 test.
    Do you think is this enoug time to prepare for that test?

    by Miha
    Miha, Feb 27, 2004
  18. Hi

    I took the exam this morning, it was difficult. Microsoft has changed their
    exam formats. 80% of the exam has exhibits. Trust me, if you wanna pass this
    exams, better take 70-210, 70-215, 70-216, 70-217 before taking this one.

    King Regards,
    oskidoo.1me

    Oscar Mathibe, Feb 27, 2004
  19. Miha \(SLOVENIA\)