    Alternatively, does anyone volunteer to translate my config
    screens from German to English ... ;-)

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 9, 2005

  2. Paul Ockenden

    Guest

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:02:26 GMT, "Paul Ockenden"
    <> wrote:

    >Alternatively, does anyone volunteer to translate my config
    >screens from German to English ... ;-)

    Ask the " owner" of this news group .
    , Sep 9, 2005

  3. Paul Ockenden

    Jono Guest

    wrote:
    || On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:02:26 GMT, "Paul Ockenden"
    || <> wrote:
    ||| Alternatively, does anyone volunteer to translate my config
    ||| screens from German to English ... ;-)
    || Ask the " owner" of this news group .

    Is there an emoticon for exasperated?
    Jono, Sep 9, 2005
  4. Paul Ockenden

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Ockenden" <>
    wrote in message
    > Does anyone have a copy of the image file of the English
    > firmware for the FRITZ!box fon ATA. There's an empty
    > folder on the AVM website where you'd expect it to be!
    >
    > Alternatively, does anyone volunteer to translate my
    > config screens from German to English ... ;-)
    >
    > P.

    Current firmware for Annex A Fritz!Box Fon is 06.03.62 and it downloads
    here fine. If you still can't get it to download let me know and I'll try
    and send you a copy. It's 3.2 MB in size so I don't know if my system will
    forward a file of that size but I'll give it a try. Alternatively I could
    put it on my website for you to download from there if all else fails, let
    me know.

    Ivor

    PS what is your opinion of the Fritz!Box..?
    PPS ignore the trolls..!
    Ivor Jones, Sep 9, 2005

  5. > Current firmware for Annex A Fritz!Box Fon is 06.03.62 and it downloads
    > here fine.

    Yup - I tried that, but it's not the correct firmware for the Fritz!Box Fon
    ATA.
    That needs to be 11.03...., as far as I can tell. The 06 firmware refuses to
    load.

    > PS what is your opinion of the Fritz!Box..?

    Can't even get a dialtone at the moment!

    > PPS ignore the trolls..!

    I must say, this newsgroup is about the trolliest one I've seen for a long
    time. Everyone appears to be acting like five year olds.

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 9, 2005
  6. Paul Ockenden

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Ockenden" <>
    wrote in message news:FFlUe.858$
    > > Current firmware for Annex A Fritz!Box Fon is 06.03.62
    > > and it downloads here fine.

    > Yup - I tried that, but it's not the correct firmware for
    > the Fritz!Box Fon ATA.
    > That needs to be 11.03...., as far as I can tell. The 06
    > firmware refuses to load.

    Hmm, are we talking about different devices..? The one I mean is the one
    currently on sale on Sipgate's website, which is an ADSL modem/router/ATA
    all in one.

    > > PS what is your opinion of the Fritz!Box..?

    > Can't even get a dialtone at the moment!

    I'm out now for the evening (Friday down the pub, don't you know..!) but
    feel free to call me tomorrow if I can be of any help. Email me with your
    number and I'll give you a call, or the other way round if necessary..!)

    > > PPS ignore the trolls..!

    > I must say, this newsgroup is about the trolliest one
    > I've seen for a long time. Everyone appears to be acting
    > like five year olds.

    Unfortunately, but they'll get tired eventually I hope.

    Ivor

    (replace 'invalid' with 'com' in sending address to reply direct)
    Ivor Jones, Sep 9, 2005
  7. > Hmm, are we talking about different devices..? The one I mean is the one
    > currently on sale on Sipgate's website, which is an ADSL modem/router/ATA
    > all in one.

    That's the one with the built in DSL modem. Mine's the ATA model, which
    has a WAN port. It means I can (or should be able to) use it with a cable
    modem.

    I've configured most of the screens (using google's translation), and the
    device reckons it has registered with sipgate, bit there's no dial tone on
    either of the phone ports.... Most odd. Maybe it's broken.

    Another one should be arriving early next week, so I'll be able to tell
    whether
    the problem is me or the Fritzbox!

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 9, 2005
  8. Thus spaketh Paul Ockenden:
    >> Hmm, are we talking about different devices..? The one I mean is the
    >> one currently on sale on Sipgate's website, which is an ADSL
    >> modem/router/ATA all in one.

    > That's the one with the built in DSL modem. Mine's the ATA model,
    > which has a WAN port. It means I can (or should be able to) use it
    > with a cable modem.
    >
    > I've configured most of the screens (using google's translation), and
    > the device reckons it has registered with sipgate, bit there's no
    > dial tone on either of the phone ports.... Most odd. Maybe it's
    > broken.
    > Another one should be arriving early next week, so I'll be able to
    > tell whether
    > the problem is me or the Fritzbox!
    >
    > P.

    Where did you get the ATA model from? I see it listed on their site, but can
    find a UK reseller / distributor selling it, only the one with adsl modem
    built in. I am happy to purchase it from Germany or elsewhere within the EU.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 9, 2005
  9. Paul Ockenden

    SK Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Ask the " owner" of this news group .

    eyevor Jones gibt Ihnen tehantwort zu allen Ihren Fragen, die mit sipgate
    angeschlossen werden, wie er direkt in die Ausführung und in das Management
    und in die Richtung sipgate miteinbezogen wird.
    SK, Sep 9, 2005
  10. > Where did you get the ATA model from?

    Got mine from sipstore.de

    There's a really helpful bloke there called Martin Krep, who
    speaks good English.

    P.

    p.s. Finally got a dialtone - it seems the leads (I tried two) I was using
    between the phone and fritzbox weren't any good. Maybe they need
    to twist the pairs or something. Anyway, instead I used an adaptor I
    had hanging around, and a normal UK phone lead.

    But now the device won't register with sipgate - I'm sure it was working
    earlier.... Maybe I need to play around with the rules in my SonicWALL.

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 9, 2005
  11. Paul Ockenden

    Chris Guest

    You can get the English firmware from http://www.avm.de/en/
    Chris, Sep 18, 2005
  12. Paul Ockenden

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > Paul Ockenden wrote:
    > > > Hmm, are we talking about different devices..? The
    > > > one I mean is the one currently on sale on Sipgate's
    > > > website, which is an ADSL modem/router/ATA all in one.

    > > That's the one with the built in DSL modem. Mine's the
    > > ATA model, which has a WAN port. It means I can (or
    > > should be able to) use it with a cable modem.
    > >
    > > I've configured most of the screens (using google's
    > > translation), and the device reckons it has registered
    > > with sipgate, bit there's no dial tone on either of the
    > > phone ports.... Most odd. Maybe it's broken.

    > You can get the English firmware from
    > http://www.avm.de/en/

    The question was though is the Annex A (analogue) firmware compatible with
    the hardware of an Annex B (ISDN) device..? Is there any difference in the
    hardware between the two versions..? I don't know enough to answer that.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 18, 2005
  13. Paul Ockenden

    Anon Y Mous Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> That's the one with the built in DSL modem. Mine's the
    >>> ATA model, which has a WAN port. It means I can (or
    >>> should be able to) use it with a cable modem.
    >>>
    >>> I've configured most of the screens (using google's
    >>> translation), and the device reckons it has registered
    >>> with sipgate, bit there's no dial tone on either of the
    >>> phone ports.... Most odd. Maybe it's broken.

    >> You can get the English firmware from
    >> http://www.avm.de/en/

    > The question was though is the Annex A (analogue) firmware compatible with
    > the hardware of an Annex B (ISDN) device..? Is there any difference in the
    > hardware between the two versions..? I don't know enough to answer that.
    >
    > Ivor

    There is a difference in hardware so one will not work with the other.
    In some countries ADSL is provided over ISDN (Annex B), here in the UK
    it's provided over analogue PSTN lines (Annex A).
    Anon Y Mous, Sep 19, 2005
  14. Paul Ockenden

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Anon Y Mous" <..@..> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:

    [snip]

    > > The question was though is the Annex A (analogue)
    > > firmware compatible with the hardware of an Annex B
    > > (ISDN) device..? Is there any difference in the
    > > hardware between the two versions..? I don't know
    > > enough to answer that.

    > There is a difference in hardware so one will not work
    > with the other. In some countries ADSL is provided over
    > ISDN (Annex B), here in the UK it's provided over
    > analogue PSTN lines (Annex A).

    That's answered the question then, thanks..! Although reading the OP's
    post again he has the device without a built in modem, so the method of
    providing ADSL should be irrelevant and a simple language change should be
    ok..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 19, 2005
  15. Paul Ockenden

    Anon Y Mous Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Anon Y Mous" <..@..> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:

    > [snip]
    >
    >>> The question was though is the Annex A (analogue)
    >>> firmware compatible with the hardware of an Annex B
    >>> (ISDN) device..? Is there any difference in the
    >>> hardware between the two versions..? I don't know
    >>> enough to answer that.

    >> There is a difference in hardware so one will not work
    >> with the other. In some countries ADSL is provided over
    >> ISDN (Annex B), here in the UK it's provided over
    >> analogue PSTN lines (Annex A).

    > That's answered the question then, thanks..! Although reading the OP's
    > post again he has the device without a built in modem, so the method of
    > providing ADSL should be irrelevant and a simple language change should be
    > ok..?
    >
    > Ivor

    indeed, if it's just the VOIP router model then it won't have built ADSL
    hardware and so a simple language change should sort it out.
    Anon Y Mous, Sep 19, 2005