fritzbox

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by bob garbutt, Feb 29, 2008.

  1. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Hi there,

    I received this from Ivor and have added a comment re my fritzbox
    dialing local london calls without having to add the 020 to outgoing
    local calls

    > [snip]
    >
    > : : : Be warned though that doing this removes the ability
    > : : : to dial a SIP number on your provider directly. For
    > : : : example on Sipgate I can't dial another Sipgate
    > : : : number directly using the 7 digit SIP ID, I have to
    > : : : dial the PSTN number. It's still a free call, but
    > : : : something to remember if you're used to dialling SIP
    > : : : ID's.
    > : :
    > : : ...or short codes like 10000 on sipgate. That is a
    > : : worse problem.
    >
    > I just set up speed dials for those. I use **750 for voicemail and **799
    > for 10000.
    >
    > Ivor

    hi mate, do you mean take out the 0 thats in the field and replace it
    with 0208 or 208, btw I make outgoing calls via voipcheap

    Bob
    bob garbutt, Feb 29, 2008

  2. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    : : hi mate, do you mean take out the 0 thats in the field
    : : and replace it with 0208 or 208, btw I make outgoing
    : : calls via voipcheap

    In the Fritz do you mean..?

    The relevant section in mine (Telephony > Internet Telephony > Internet
    Numbers) has a list of all configured accounts. Select Edit for the one
    you want and you should get a page that has a box saying Use Area Code
    where there should be a tick.

    Then there should be a box saying Enter Area Code where you put 20 (*not*
    208) and then another saying Enter National Direct Dialling Code where
    there should be a 0.

    There is then a tick box saying Keep NDD code, make sure it has a tick.

    Leave all other fields as you find them.

    Note that you *must* use 20 as the area code not 208 or you won't be able
    to dial London numbers beginning with 3 or 7 locally. London's code is
    020, remember..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 29, 2008