    Hi there,

    Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?

    Bob

    bob garbutt, Feb 23, 2008

  2. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    news:vBSvj.7518$
    : : Hi there,
    : :
    : : Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?
    : :
    : : Bob

    Yes, plenty of us. Which model and what's the question about it..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 23, 2008

  3. bob garbutt

    Herman Guest

    > Hi there,
    >
    > Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?
    >
    > Bob

    yes

    Herman, Feb 23, 2008
  4. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    > news:vBSvj.7518$ : : Hi there,
    > : : : : Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?
    > : : : : Bob
    >
    > Yes, plenty of us. Which model and what's the question about it..?
    >
    > Ivor

    hi, Ivor

    I have the fone ata with two separate lines, I think it the 1020 model,
    I updates to the latest firmware the other evening, because the volume
    on the device was a little low, it seemed to improve that and allowed
    extra option, but caused a problem when I called a mate who as a sipura
    device and is also on Sipgate, it keeped causing his device to re-set
    every time the phone rang at his end of the call, I was also wondering
    out to set the device to all me to reduce allow for local calls, a
    example would be instead of dialing 02082874189 I could just dial a
    local number, I'm used to dial plans on the sipura device.

    I notice they have forum, but no English ones!

    Cheers, Bob

    bob garbutt, Feb 23, 2008
  5. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Herman wrote:
    > "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?
    >>
    >> Bob

    > yes

    which one do you have?

    Bob

    bob garbutt, Feb 23, 2008
  6. bob garbutt

    Herman Guest

    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    >> news:vBSvj.7518$ : : Hi there,
    >> : : : : Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?
    >> : : : : Bob
    >>
    >> Yes, plenty of us. Which model and what's the question about it..?
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > hi, Ivor
    >
    > I have the fone ata with two separate lines, I think it the 1020 model, I
    > updates to the latest firmware the other evening, because the volume on
    > the device was a little low, it seemed to improve that and allowed extra
    > option, but caused a problem when I called a mate who as a sipura device
    > and is also on Sipgate, it keeped causing his device to re-set every time
    > the phone rang at his end of the call, I was also wondering out to set the
    > device to all me to reduce allow for local calls, a example would be
    > instead of dialing 02082874189 I could just dial a local number, I'm used
    > to dial plans on the sipura device.
    >
    > I notice they have forum, but no English ones!
    >
    > Cheers, Bob

    Suspect his problem is his router or other device on his network. I had a
    BT Voyager once that locked up occasionally when SIP traffic passed through.
    Alternatively he may need to open some ports on his router, or the Sipura
    may have some settings that need adjusting (no experience of these
    unfortunately)

    Your volume issue may be caused by the regional settings in the Fritz. In
    my 7050 I can change this in Settings > Telephony > Regional options. You
    may find that this has reset as a result of your firmware upgrade.

    To be honest, I found the firmware updates on my Fritz caused more problems
    than they solved. For instance, 3 way calling no longer works for me.

    Herman, Feb 23, 2008
  7. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Herman wrote:
    > "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:vBSvj.7518$ : : Hi there,
    >>> : : : : Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?
    >>> : : : : Bob
    >>>
    >>> Yes, plenty of us. Which model and what's the question about it..?
    >>>
    >>> Ivor
    >>>

    >> hi, Ivor
    >>
    >> I have the fone ata with two separate lines, I think it the 1020 model, I
    >> updates to the latest firmware the other evening, because the volume on
    >> the device was a little low, it seemed to improve that and allowed extra
    >> option, but caused a problem when I called a mate who as a sipura device
    >> and is also on Sipgate, it keeped causing his device to re-set every time
    >> the phone rang at his end of the call, I was also wondering out to set the
    >> device to all me to reduce allow for local calls, a example would be
    >> instead of dialing 02082874189 I could just dial a local number, I'm used
    >> to dial plans on the sipura device.
    >>
    >> I notice they have forum, but no English ones!
    >>
    >> Cheers, Bob

    > Suspect his problem is his router or other device on his network. I had a
    > BT Voyager once that locked up occasionally when SIP traffic passed through.
    > Alternatively he may need to open some ports on his router, or the Sipura
    > may have some settings that need adjusting (no experience of these
    > unfortunately)
    >
    > Your volume issue may be caused by the regional settings in the Fritz. In
    > my 7050 I can change this in Settings > Telephony > Regional options. You
    > may find that this has reset as a result of your firmware upgrade.
    >
    > To be honest, I found the firmware updates on my Fritz caused more problems
    > than they solved. For instance, 3 way calling no longer works for me.

    cheers Ivor, I've set the regional options to the uk, although not sure
    the the tones it generates are uk, the sipura as great options for
    changing various tones, what did you do for the dialing option to avoid
    having to dial the whole sat code on a local call/

    bob garbutt, Feb 23, 2008
  8. bob garbutt

    Herman Guest

    > Herman wrote:

    >> Suspect his problem is his router or other device on his network. I had
    >> a BT Voyager once that locked up occasionally when SIP traffic passed
    >> through. Alternatively he may need to open some ports on his router, or
    >> the Sipura may have some settings that need adjusting (no experience of
    >> these unfortunately)
    >>
    >> Your volume issue may be caused by the regional settings in the Fritz.
    >> In my 7050 I can change this in Settings > Telephony > Regional options.
    >> You may find that this has reset as a result of your firmware upgrade.
    >>
    >> To be honest, I found the firmware updates on my Fritz caused more
    >> problems than they solved. For instance, 3 way calling no longer works
    >> for me.

    > cheers Ivor, I've set the regional options to the uk, although not sure
    > the the tones it generates are uk, the sipura as great options for
    > changing various tones, what did you do for the dialing option to avoid
    > having to dial the whole sat code on a local call/

    Think you meant Herman... anyway, the tones aren't regionalised
    unfortunately on the Fritz. Doesn't bother me but could be a bit annoying,
    I agree.

    I have seen other comments on the Sipura. Tones etc seem to be very
    configurable but a little fiddly if I remember correctly.

    Herman, Feb 23, 2008
  9. bob garbutt

    Herman Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote in message

    > I have seen other comments on the Sipura. Tones etc seem to be very
    > configurable but a little fiddly if I remember correctly.

    As if by magic, Jono has just posted the Sipura regional settings in the
    thread
    "Configuring Sipura SPA3102". Must've read your mind...

    Cheers,

    Herman

    Herman, Feb 23, 2008
  10. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Herman wrote:
    > "Herman" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I have seen other comments on the Sipura. Tones etc seem to be very
    >> configurable but a little fiddly if I remember correctly.

    > As if by magic, Jono has just posted the Sipura regional settings in the
    > thread
    > "Configuring Sipura SPA3102". Must've read your mind...
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Herman

    cheers mate,

    What about settings for local calls, that could be done on a dial plan
    with the sipura, dont want to dial the full 0108 thingy for local calls etc

    bob garbutt, Feb 23, 2008
  11. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    : : What about settings for local calls, that could be done
    : : on a dial plan with the sipura, dont want to dial the
    : : full 0108 thingy for local calls etc

    On mine (original Fritz!Box Fon, no wireless) it's in Settings > Telephony
    > Internet Telephony. There you will find a list of the configured VoIP

    numbers, click on edit for the one you want and in the following screen
    there are various options. One is "Use Area Code" where you put a tick,
    then the code in the next box (without the initial 0). On my London number
    this allows me to dial the 8 local digits without dialling 020.

    Be warned though that doing this removes the ability to dial a SIP number
    on your provider directly. For example on Sipgate I can't dial another
    Sipgate number directly using the 7 digit SIP ID, I have to dial the PSTN
    number. It's still a free call, but something to remember if you're used
    to dialling SIP ID's.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 23, 2008
  12. bob garbutt

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote in message
    > "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    >
    > Suspect his problem is his router or other device on his network. I had a
    > BT Voyager once that locked up occasionally when SIP traffic passed
    > through. Alternatively he may need to open some ports on his router, or
    > the Sipura may have some settings that need adjusting (no experience of
    > these unfortunately)

    I am that person with the SPA3102 device that is reset - see this thread on
    another forum here -
    http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-si...dd-bug-caller-can-cause-3102-reset-26719.html

    The odd thing is that Bob Garbutt could call me without problem using
    another ATA (PAP2 or SPA1001) or even the Fritzbox before the firmware
    upgrade. So I can't imagine what needs fixing at my end as all other aspects
    of Sipgate, Voipcheap and PSTN call handling work faultlessly.

    The SPA3102 reset is repeatable and ONLY happens with this one caller with
    the firmware upgraded Fritzbox - most odd..!

    Cheers from Mike.

    Mike Sun, Feb 23, 2008
  13. bob garbutt

    Herman Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > : : What about settings for local calls, that could be done
    > : : on a dial plan with the sipura, dont want to dial the
    > : : full 0108 thingy for local calls etc
    >
    > On mine (original Fritz!Box Fon, no wireless) it's in Settings > Telephony
    > > Internet Telephony. There you will find a list of the configured VoIP

    > numbers, click on edit for the one you want and in the following screen
    > there are various options. One is "Use Area Code" where you put a tick,
    > then the code in the next box (without the initial 0). On my London number
    > this allows me to dial the 8 local digits without dialling 020.
    >
    > Be warned though that doing this removes the ability to dial a SIP number
    > on your provider directly. For example on Sipgate I can't dial another
    > Sipgate number directly using the 7 digit SIP ID, I have to dial the PSTN
    > number. It's still a free call, but something to remember if you're used
    > to dialling SIP ID's.
    >
    > Ivor

    ....or short codes like 10000 on sipgate. That is a worse problem.

    Herman, Feb 23, 2008
  14. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote
    in message news:fpq0rk$qg3$
    : : "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in
    : : message news:...

    [snip]

    : : : Be warned though that doing this removes the ability
    : : : to dial a SIP number on your provider directly. For
    : : : example on Sipgate I can't dial another Sipgate
    : : : number directly using the 7 digit SIP ID, I have to
    : : : dial the PSTN number. It's still a free call, but
    : : : something to remember if you're used to dialling SIP
    : : : ID's.
    : :
    : : ...or short codes like 10000 on sipgate. That is a
    : : worse problem.

    I just set up speed dials for those. I use **750 for voicemail and **799
    for 10000.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 23, 2008
  15. bob garbutt

    Herman Guest

    "Mike Sun" <> wrote in message

    > "Herman" <> wrote in message
    >> "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Suspect his problem is his router or other device on his network. I had
    >> a BT Voyager once that locked up occasionally when SIP traffic passed
    >> through. Alternatively he may need to open some ports on his router, or
    >> the Sipura may have some settings that need adjusting (no experience of
    >> these unfortunately)
    >>

    > I am that person with the SPA3102 device that is reset - see this thread
    > on another forum here -
    > http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-si...dd-bug-caller-can-cause-3102-reset-26719.html
    >
    > The odd thing is that Bob Garbutt could call me without problem using
    > another ATA (PAP2 or SPA1001) or even the Fritzbox before the firmware
    > upgrade. So I can't imagine what needs fixing at my end as all other
    > aspects of Sipgate, Voipcheap and PSTN call handling work faultlessly.
    >
    > The SPA3102 reset is repeatable and ONLY happens with this one caller with
    > the firmware upgraded Fritzbox - most odd..!
    >
    > Cheers from Mike.

    indeed - most odd! Have no clues then I am afraid. Perhaps someone like
    Ivor as an owner of both devices can comment on any conflicts?

    Herman, Feb 25, 2008
  16. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote
    in message news:fpttfc$jrb$
    : : "Mike Sun" <> wrote in message
    : : news:WD%vj.12203$...

    [snip]

    : : : The SPA3102 reset is repeatable and ONLY happens with
    : : : this one caller with the firmware upgraded Fritzbox -
    : : : most odd..!
    : : :
    : : : Cheers from Mike.
    : :
    : : indeed - most odd! Have no clues then I am afraid.
    : : Perhaps someone like Ivor as an owner of both devices
    : : can comment on any conflicts?

    As I don't have a 3102 I can't, I'm afraid. But I've never had any
    problems with my SPA-2000 or 1001 in conjunction with my Fritz.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 25, 2008
  17. bob garbutt

    Mike Sun Guest

    I'll do some further tests with Bob with debug option enabled on for my
    SPA3102. As mentioned before, the reset issue is very specific to latest
    firmware on Fritzbox calling SPA3102 also on latest firmware. It would be
    nice if there were someone else with an SPA3102 that Bob could call as a
    test. Cheers from Mike

    Mike Sun, Feb 25, 2008