    The Fritzbox information I have seen says it handles both ISDN and
    analogue, but I am not clear whether this is where the ADSL is on the
    ISDN line, or whether it can cope with two lines as in my set up?

    AndyS, Oct 15, 2009

  2. AndyS

    Graham. Guest

    > This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.
    >
    > I currently have ADSL over an analogue line, as I understand it is not
    > available on ISDN in the UK. Telephone calls are currently dealt with
    > on an ISDN line.
    >
    > The Fritzbox information I have seen says it handles both ISDN and
    > analogue, but I am not clear whether this is where the ADSL is on the
    > ISDN line, or whether it can cope with two lines as in my set up?

    Yes, it's one or the other.
    DSL over POTS as used here, or DSL over ISDN as is common in Germany.
    Also called Annex A and Annex B respectively.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Oct 15, 2009

  3. AndyS

    Bodincus Guest

    AndyS:
    > This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.
    >
    > I currently have ADSL over an analogue line, as I understand it is not
    > available on ISDN in the UK. Telephone calls are currently dealt with
    > on an ISDN line.
    >
    > The Fritzbox information I have seen says it handles both ISDN and
    > analogue, but I am not clear whether this is where the ADSL is on the
    > ISDN line, or whether it can cope with two lines as in my set up?

    A FritzBox can get its broadband connection from the phone line *or*
    from an ISDN line. Remember it's made by AVM, a German company, and ADSL
    in Germany is distributed mainly through ISDN. Phone lines in Germany
    are almost all ISDN.
    AVM is making "Annex A" Fritzes for ADSL over PSTN, and "Annex B" for
    ADSL over ISDN.
    Said this, any FritzBox sold over here is an "Annex A", so ADSL comes
    through PSTN (your normal landline).
    But - here comes the quirk - any FritzBox can "talk" ISDN. The same
    socket used to connect your landline into it can be used to connect your
    ISDN line.
    If you set up an S0 link correctly, the Fritz can become another device
    connected to your ISDN line.
    Let's make myself clear with a scheme:

    BT Socket ------ Microfilter (ADSL) ---- FritzBox ADSL IN
    Microfilter (Phone)---- FritzBox LINE IN

    *** OR ***

    BT Socket ------ Microfilter (ADSL) ---- FritzBox ADSL IN
    Microfilter (Phone) Not Connected

    BT ISDN -------- ISDN SPLITTER --------- FritzBox LINE IN
    \________ Other phones

    The same socket is used to plug in the landline OR the ISDN line, so you
    have to choose if you want to integrate the VoIP with the ISDN *OR* you
    want to have two separate systems, one with VoIP and the landline and
    another your ISDN setup.
    I would go for the full integration, but remember that to have the most
    out of the FritzBox you should have at least one PSTN phone connected as
    a client to it.
    If you need a hand, I'm available to help you out, but - be warned -
    this is my business, so I would have to charge you for it. ;-)
    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ----------------------------

    Bodincus, Oct 15, 2009
  4. "Bodincus" <> wrote in message

    The same socket is used to plug in the landline OR the ISDN line, so you
    have to choose if you want to integrate the VoIP with the ISDN *OR* you
    want to have two separate systems, one with VoIP and the landline and
    another your ISDN setup.
    I would go for the full integration, but remember that to have the most
    out of the FritzBox you should have at least one PSTN phone connected as
    a client to it.
    If you need a hand, I'm available to help you out, but - be warned -
    this is my business, so I would have to charge you for it. ;-)

    All very complicated explanations .... and not fully trough

    1) ADSL Signal
    -----------------
    Assuming you have "Annex A" ADSL line (ADSL over POTS), then you can connect
    your FritzBox to this ADSL line.
    This has really nothing to do with the Telephony part of your FritzBox
    In other words, it is perfectly possible to have the ADSL signal from your
    analogue line to provide Internet to your FritzBox, and conncet your ISDN
    line to provide Telephoney to your FritzBox.

    2) TELEPHONY
    ------------------
    The FritzBox has a ISDN entry *AND* a analogue input.
    The FritzBox has a ISDN output (So bus) *AND* 2-3 analogue outputs
    (depending the model)

    Contrary to Bodincus' statement, that you have to choose between analogue
    and ISDN, you can connect BOTH the analogie *AND* ISDN line to your FritzBox
    Of course, this is not straight forward, because the FritzBox uses the same
    socket for bioth analogie and ISDN.
    Therefore you will have to make a special cable, whereby join the analogue
    line and ISDN line into the same RJ45 plug
    (If you tell me the Model, I can give you the pin confiration for the RJ45
    plug)

    In the Set-up, you have to fill in the telephone numbers in both he
    "analogue" and "ISDN" Tab

    Note
    another misunderstanding is that ISDN is "linked" to Annex B and analogue to
    Annex A
    Not in the FritzBox:
    you can perfectly run a Annex A FritzBox and use a ISDN line for telephony
    or the other way around: you can perfectly run a Annex B FritzBox and use a
    analogue line for telephony (In Germany all lines have Annex B, wether POTS
    or ISDN)

    Trust this explains what you were looking for ?
    Philippe
    (Belgium)

    Philippe Deleye, Oct 29, 2009
  5. AndyS

    mbertoldi

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Philippe,
    so i could connect my adsl over pots, an analog line and an isdn at the same time?
    How should i do the RJ45 connector for FB WLAN 7270?

    Regards,
    Michele
    (Italy)

    mbertoldi, Nov 23, 2009