    checked out, do not.
    Does the Fritzbox support this ??
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 9, 2007

  2. Recently, Brian A popped out over the fence
    around uk.telecom.voip and said...
    |I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
    |7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
    |On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
    |method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
    |statically relate to a URL.
    |I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
    |checked out, do not.
    |Does the Fritzbox support this ??
    |Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Yes, all they do. Actually, mine is with no-ip.com and works like a
    charm since September 2006.
    HTH
    --
    ßødincµs²°°° - The Y2K Druid
    ----------------------------
    ßødincµs²°°°, Mar 10, 2007

  3. Brian A

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the
    > Fritzbox Fon 7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be
    > similar.
    > On my current Netgear router there is provision to run
    > dyndns - i.e. a method of sending the current dynamic IP
    > to dyndns.com so that it can statically relate to a URL.
    > I see that some routers support this but some, such as a
    > Buffalo I checked out, do not.
    > Does the Fritzbox support this ??

    Yes, there is an option to set a dyndns or similar account. I use one
    myself.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 10, 2007
  4. Brian A

    Herman Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
    > 7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
    > On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
    > method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
    > statically relate to a URL.
    > I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
    > checked out, do not.
    > Does the Fritzbox support this ??
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    7050 works OK for me with dyndns.
    Herman, Mar 10, 2007
  5. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 07:54:21 GMT, "Herman"
    <> wrote:

    >"Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >>I cannot find an reference to this in the PDF for the Fritzbox Fon
    >> 7140. I guess all Fritzbox Fons will be similar.
    >> On my current Netgear router there is provision to run dyndns - i.e. a
    >> method of sending the current dynamic IP to dyndns.com so that it can
    >> statically relate to a URL.
    >> I see that some routers support this but some, such as a Buffalo I
    >> checked out, do not.
    >> Does the Fritzbox support this ??
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >7050 works OK for me with dyndns.

    Thanks gentlemen. It is strange that they miss important things out
    of the PDF manuals and their marketing.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 10, 2007