    --
    Regards
    Jon

    Jon, May 24, 2006

  2. Jon

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Evening all,
    >
    > My fritzbox ATA is dropping all incoming calls to my
    > landline number after about 4 seconds.
    >
    > Just run the firmware update which is now sitting on
    > 11.04.01, but does anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > The telephone connected to it also seems to have stopped
    > displaying CLI where it used to quite happily.
    >
    > Thanks for any tips.

    Is this the pure ATA or the one containing the modem..? Was it doing it
    before the firmware upgrade..? If not then that may be the problem,
    suggest you ask AVM tech support, they are very good and respond quickly
    as a rule.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 24, 2006

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    lid declared for all the world to hear...
    > Is this the pure ATA or the one containing the modem..? Was it doing it
    > before the firmware upgrade..? If not then that may be the problem,
    > suggest you ask AVM tech support, they are very good and respond quickly
    > as a rule.

    It's the ATA + ADSL modem/router combo, but I don't use it as a router
    as I already have one.

    I've sent off a contact form and they've taken nearly 18 hours to
    allocate it a case number.

    Now it's got even worse, the fritzbox is now dropping all outgoing calls
    after about 4 seconds. Even when I enter *11# into the phone to make it
    dial out on the landline it still cuts off all calls (replacing the call
    with the engaged tone) after 4 seconds making my telephone totally
    useless.
    --
    Regards
    Jon

    Jon, May 25, 2006
  4. Jon

    Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...
    > Now it's got even worse, the fritzbox is now dropping all outgoing calls
    > after about 4 seconds. Even when I enter *11# into the phone to make it
    > dial out on the landline it still cuts off all calls (replacing the call
    > with the engaged tone) after 4 seconds making my telephone totally
    > useless.

    Following up to my own post here, I think I've narrowed it down to the
    analogue cable which goes between the phone line wall jack and the Fritz
    box analog/ISDN port.

    If I receive a call in my SIPgate 01603 number the call does not drop,
    and CLI is visible.
    Dialling plustalks automated test number 7000 does not drop.
    Dialling an 01603 number does not drop.
    If I route any outgoing calls over the landline by dialling *11# it
    drops after 4-5 seconds and I get the engaged tone.
    If I switch off the fritz and plug my phone straight into the wall
    socket I can dial out fine with no call drops, so I know the telephone
    equipment itself is allright.
    I have played around with the config on the Fritz but I can't get
    incoming CLI on the landline.

    Would anyone agree or disagree with my tests/conclusion?
    --
    Regards
    Jon

    Jon, May 26, 2006
  5. Jon

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > declared for all the world to hear...
    >> Now it's got even worse, the fritzbox is now dropping all outgoing calls
    >> after about 4 seconds. Even when I enter *11# into the phone to make it
    >> dial out on the landline it still cuts off all calls (replacing the call
    >> with the engaged tone) after 4 seconds making my telephone totally
    >> useless.

    > Following up to my own post here, I think I've narrowed it down to the
    > analogue cable which goes between the phone line wall jack and the Fritz
    > box analog/ISDN port.
    >
    > If I receive a call in my SIPgate 01603 number the call does not drop,
    > and CLI is visible.
    > Dialling plustalks automated test number 7000 does not drop.
    > Dialling an 01603 number does not drop.
    > If I route any outgoing calls over the landline by dialling *11# it
    > drops after 4-5 seconds and I get the engaged tone.
    > If I switch off the fritz and plug my phone straight into the wall
    > socket I can dial out fine with no call drops, so I know the telephone
    > equipment itself is allright.
    > I have played around with the config on the Fritz but I can't get
    > incoming CLI on the landline.
    >
    > Would anyone agree or disagree with my tests/conclusion?

    It sounds like it could very well be that cable. Unfortunately, the analogue
    phone cable uses non-standard pins on the RJ45 connector at the Fritz!Box
    end (1 & 8) so you'll need the crimp tools to remake the connections as it's
    unlikely you'll find a ready made cable anywhere wired correctly to replace
    it with :-(

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 27, 2006
  6. Ivor Jones wrote:

    > It sounds like it could very well be that cable. Unfortunately, the analogue
    > phone cable uses non-standard pins on the RJ45 connector at the Fritz!Box
    > end (1 & 8) so you'll need the crimp tools to remake the connections as it's
    > unlikely you'll find a ready made cable anywhere wired correctly to replace
    > it with :-(
    >
    > Ivor

    I'm not sure I'd agree, but I'm sure there are plenty on here that can
    make the cable up if you want one. (including myself).

    Thomas Kenyon, May 27, 2006
  7. Jon

    Jon Guest

    lid declared for all the world to hear...
    > It sounds like it could very well be that cable. Unfortunately, the analogue
    > phone cable uses non-standard pins on the RJ45 connector at the Fritz!Box
    > end (1 & 8) so you'll need the crimp tools to remake the connections as it's
    > unlikely you'll find a ready made cable anywhere wired correctly to replace
    > it with :-(

    I have an RJ45 crimper, and I have re-crimped the existing connector,
    making it a bit tighter. That seems to have done the trick.

    Strange though that the calls would always drop after nearly 4 seconds.
    I would have thought that with a dodgy cable it just wouldn't work full
    stop.
    --
    Regards
    Jon

    Jon, May 27, 2006
  8. Jon

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > lid declared for all the world to hear...
    >> It sounds like it could very well be that cable. Unfortunately, the
    >> analogue
    >> phone cable uses non-standard pins on the RJ45 connector at the Fritz!Box
    >> end (1 & 8) so you'll need the crimp tools to remake the connections as
    >> it's
    >> unlikely you'll find a ready made cable anywhere wired correctly to
    >> replace
    >> it with :-(

    > I have an RJ45 crimper, and I have re-crimped the existing connector,
    > making it a bit tighter. That seems to have done the trick.
    >
    > Strange though that the calls would always drop after nearly 4 seconds.
    > I would have thought that with a dodgy cable it just wouldn't work full
    > stop.

    Well, dodgy cables are exactly that, dodgy..! It could be that it was just
    making intermittent contact, although why the calls dropped after exactly 4
    seconds every time is rather strange. I don't really notice because I make
    very few calls over the PSTN port and incoming PSTN calls get routed through
    my PABX anyway so don't come into the system via that route. I'd be
    interested to hear if the problem occurs again, though.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 27, 2006
  9. Jon

    Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...
    > lid declared for all the world to hear...
    > > It sounds like it could very well be that cable. Unfortunately, the analogue
    > > phone cable uses non-standard pins on the RJ45 connector at the Fritz!Box
    > > end (1 & 8) so you'll need the crimp tools to remake the connections as it's
    > > unlikely you'll find a ready made cable anywhere wired correctly to replace
    > > it with :-(

    > I have an RJ45 crimper, and I have re-crimped the existing connector,
    > making it a bit tighter. That seems to have done the trick.

    Scoth that. It's back to dropping calls again. Calls which come in on
    the SIP number are still fine.

    AVM are yet to reply. Not impressed.
    --
    Regards
    Jon

    Jon, May 28, 2006
  10. Jon

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Scoth that. It's back to dropping calls again. Calls
    > which come in on the SIP number are still fine.
    >
    > AVM are yet to reply. Not impressed.

    Hmm, they've always been ok with me. If you have that crimper, I'd try
    making up a fresh cable. As I said it's pins 1 & 8 on the RJ45 plug. If
    that doesn't cure it I don't know what to suggest, but it has to be worth
    a try.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 28, 2006