    gültige Firmware."

    The firmware I have tried is fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.03.98.image

    Can anyone help me out?
    mackeyuk, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Thus spaketh mackeyuk:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have bought a Fritz Fon ATA from a German supplier and want to
    > convert the language of the software to English. I have downloaded
    > the English firmware from the website but it refuses to load.
    >
    > I get the error "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät
    > gültige Firmware."
    >
    > The firmware I have tried is fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.03.98.image
    >
    > Can anyone help me out?

    "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät gültige Firmware."

    The indicated file does not contain firmware valid for your equipment
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 28, 2006

  3. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh mackeyuk:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I have bought a Fritz Fon ATA from a German supplier and want to
    >> convert the language of the software to English. I have downloaded
    >> the English firmware from the website but it refuses to load.
    >>
    >> I get the error "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät
    >> gültige Firmware."
    >>
    >> The firmware I have tried is fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.03.98.image
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me out?

    > "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät gültige Firmware."
    >
    > The indicated file does not contain firmware valid for your equipment

    Try www.ip-phone-forum.de for hints.
    Try your luck in German, althought sometimes you may find some English,
    particularly for such subjects as changing firmware from German to Enlish.
    Here is a more specific link for you:
    http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=361

    By the way, AVM is making it as difficult as possible changing from German
    to English. I have a trial 7050 from the Benelux/France rep, but it was
    German. No problem for me, exept it does not have the international dialling
    for e.g. VoIPBuster. So I asked the EN firmware, did not get it but he sent
    me an English one. Anyway, on the forum mentioned above seem to be some
    succesful cases.

    Good luch!

    Grz Henk van Andel
    Henk van Andel, Jan 28, 2006
  4. mackeyuk

    mackeyuk Guest

    Thanks for the pointers guys.

    I have read quite a few posts and it looks like I first have to unbrand
    the ATA from freenet. I have managed to download the relevant .tar
    files, but can not find any clear instuctions on how to use them. Can
    anyone help me out?
    mackeyuk, Jan 28, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    "mackeyuk" <> writes:

    > I have bought a Fritz Fon ATA from a German supplier and want to
    > convert the language of the software to English. I have downloaded the
    > English firmware from the website but it refuses to load.
    >
    > I get the error "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät
    > gültige Firmware."
    >
    > The firmware I have tried is fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.03.98.image

    Just in case the message isn't clear, it reads "the chosen file does not
    contain valid firmware for your device".
    Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply, Jan 29, 2006
  6. Re: Fritz Fon Ata - Firmware to convert German to English --> exchange it at AVM

    The hardware in the UK version is also different than the German versions.

    You can exchange the 7050 at AVM - they do that for our customers in The
    Netherlands ....

    regards

    XeloQ

    www.xeloq.com