    --

    Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
    www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

    Nigel, Mar 28, 2007

  2. Nigel

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:46:11 +0200, "Nigel" <> wrote:

    >Sorry another couple of questions about the box:-
    >
    >Is there a way to limit the bandwidth you want one of the LAN socket to
    >use?? say 256Kb for Lan socket B?
    >
    >Is the firewall switched on even though I am not using the box as a modem?
    >If it is not will I be liable to attacks form the internet. I have a
    >firewall in my computer but not in the cable modem.

    Afaik it is a modem/router. So if you are using LAN 1 to connect from
    a cable modem you are still using the router part and thus the
    firewall.
    There is a QoS to faciltate good voip quality but they don't call it
    that. I haven't read anything about shaping the bandwidth to any
    particular port.
    I don't have a Fritzbox but, because I have considered buying one, I
    have read quite a lot of the manual.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 28, 2007