Fritz box

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Nigel, Mar 25, 2007.

  1. Nigel

    Nigel Guest

    Hi,

    Is there any way to make the fritz box to ignore the first 4 digits a
    telephone connected up to the fritz box dials. The reason I ask is that the
    phone I have is pre-set to Austrian Telecom so it dials out '1001' in front
    of every telephone number!!

    Can you do that in the dialling rules?

    Any ideas.

    Thank-you.

    Nigel

    --

    Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
    www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

    Nigel, Mar 25, 2007

  2. Nigel

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way to make the fritz box to ignore the
    > first 4 digits a telephone connected up to the fritz box
    > dials. The reason I ask is that the phone I have is
    > pre-set to Austrian Telecom so it dials out '1001' in
    > front of every telephone number!!
    > Can you do that in the dialling rules?

    Use another phone..?! Not sure if you can do what you ask, never had a
    need to do it, but I'll have a play.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 25, 2007

  3. Nigel

    Nigel Guest

    >Use another phone..?! .

    Hi,

    I know I should really buy another phone but the nearest elec shop is quite
    far. I know I shouldn't live in the mopuntains!!So I am just checking befoe
    I buy another one to see if it is possible.

    >Not sure if you can do what you ask, never had a need to do it, but I'll
    >have a play

    Thanks for that. It doen't help when the box I have a 7170 has all the menus
    in German! but I am gradually finding my way around it. So far it is
    excellent. Although one problem I have is when a call rings on my cordless
    phone ( on a sipgate number) it will only ring if it is on the base! I will
    have to try and play with it further.

    Nigel

    Nigel, Mar 26, 2007
  4. Nigel

    Herman Guest

    "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way to make the fritz box to ignore the first 4 digits a
    > telephone connected up to the fritz box dials. The reason I ask is that
    > the
    > phone I have is pre-set to Austrian Telecom so it dials out '1001' in
    > front
    > of every telephone number!!
    >
    > Can you do that in the dialling rules?
    >
    > Any ideas.
    >
    > Thank-you.
    >
    > Nigel
    >
    > --
    >
    > Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
    > www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

    In my 7050 you can do it the other way round and specify prefixes via
    landline. So for example, I have used it in the past to add dialcodes or
    141 to numbers dialled across the landline.

    If you are actually wanting to put these numbers across VoIP, then I suggest
    you use Voxalot to scrub the dialstring. I do this for various calls where
    I want to change the dialstring, but it can be difficult to maintain two
    sets of dialling rules.
    HTH

    Herman

    Herman, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Nigel

    Brian A Guest

    >In my 7050 you can do it the other way round and specify prefixes via
    >landline. So for example, I have used it in the past to add dialcodes or
    >141 to numbers dialled across the landline.
    >
    >If you are actually wanting to put these numbers across VoIP, then I suggest
    >you use Voxalot to scrub the dialstring. I do this for various calls where
    >I want to change the dialstring, but it can be difficult to maintain two
    >sets of dialling rules.
    >HTH
    >
    >Herman

    Yes I had the same thought.
    If you use Voxalot there are different ways in which you can set the
    dial plan.
    If ALL your numbers are preceeded by 4 non-required digits (in your
    case1001) then, in the Voxalot dial plan, you could put this in the
    replacement
    ${EXTEN:4}
    and the dial pattern can be simply:-
    _1001XX.

    All numbers received will be expected to start with 1001 and those
    same 4 digits will be chopped off.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 26, 2007
  6. Nigel

    Herman Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > and the dial pattern can be simply:-
    > _1001XX.

    The dot at the end of the dial pattern being the all-important wildcard
    (missed that loads of times)

    Herman, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Nigel

    Nigel Guest

    Thanks for that.

    I have just signed up for Voxalot and I will ahve a go at setting it up.
    However it would be good to be able to set a call rule like that in my fritz
    box.

    Does any one know of a Fritz box forum -in German or English?

    Thanks

    Nigel

    Nigel, Mar 27, 2007
  8. Nigel

    Nigel Guest

    Hi,

    After trying various setting in th box I've solved the problem. You can do
    it with the country call setting.

    Thanks for all your help.

    Nigel

    Nigel, Mar 27, 2007
  9. Nigel

    Herman Guest

    "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > After trying various setting in th box I've solved the problem. You can do
    > it with the country call setting.
    >
    > Thanks for all your help.
    >
    > Nigel

    Good thinking Batman! Hadn't thought of that!

    Herman, Mar 27, 2007
  10. "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > After trying various setting in th box I've solved the problem. You can do
    > it with the country call setting.

    Nigel
    Fine that uou solved the problem ...
    It would be nice to share the solution ...
    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Mar 28, 2007
  11. Nigel

    Nigel Guest

    Ok -here goes. Please bear in mind that I have the German box so I will put
    the German and the English translation which may not be right!!

    Go to the internet telephone configuration page which list your voip
    telephone providers, then go to the Erweiterte Einstellungen ( more
    settings) - the 2nd page.

    On the Standortangaben ( location option- county code?)

    Pick other country and then I put '1001' - the number I want to ignore when
    dialling out in the first box -the country prefix, and then I put '00' in
    the second box and then '0' in the last box - local code.

    All other settings were default.

    Finally on the voip account you use to dial out you will see 4 boxes appear
    at the prefix bit.In my case 1001, 00, 0 and a blank box. I ticked 00, 0,
    and the blank box but left the first box '1001' un-ticked.

    To dial out I just dial 00 county code and then the number and the box does
    not send out 1001.

    Hope that make sense and it helps someone.

    Nigel

    Nigel, Mar 28, 2007