    --

    Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
    www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk
    Nigel, Mar 2, 2007

  2. "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    news:es8h07$45j$...

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am thinking of getting one of these maybe the 7141. But the only problem
    > is I have a cable modem. Is there any way I can fit my lan cable to this
    > box??

    Yes, no problem at all
    Connect Cable modem to LAN port "A" or "1"
    Connect PC's to LAN ports 2-4 or "B" (use a switch to connect more PC's)
    Change the settings in the configuration accordingly (ADSL modem disabled,
    FritzBox works as a normal router)
    Can be used as such behind a cable modem, or behind a ADSL modem
    Philippe Deleye, Mar 2, 2007

  3. Nigel

    Herman Guest

    "Philippe Deleye" <> wrote in message

    > "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am thinking of getting one of these maybe the 7141. But the only
    >> problem
    >> is I have a cable modem. Is there any way I can fit my lan cable to this
    >> box??

    > Yes, no problem at all
    > Connect Cable modem to LAN port "A" or "1"
    > Connect PC's to LAN ports 2-4 or "B" (use a switch to connect more PC's)
    > Change the settings in the configuration accordingly (ADSL modem disabled,
    > FritzBox works as a normal router)
    > Can be used as such behind a cable modem, or behind a ADSL modem

    BTW Philippe, could you confirm if you have callthough working OK. Mine is
    not and I am having a bit of an argument with AVM at the moment because they
    want me to send it back, when I believe it is a firmware version. If you
    could also confirm the unit and firmware that would be great.

    With apologies to the OP. Other than the above hitch, I believe the Fritz
    is a good buy, especially if you will not have landline backup. Please see
    my previous threads in the group on this subject for more info.
    Herman, Mar 3, 2007
  4. "Herman" <> wrote in message
    > BTW Philippe, could you confirm if you have callthough working OK. Mine

    is
    > not and I am having a bit of an argument with AVM at the moment because

    they
    > want me to send it back, when I believe it is a firmware version. If you
    > could also confirm the unit and firmware that would be great.

    FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170, Firmware-Version 29.04.29 (german)
    I'm not using call-trough, but happy to test. pls e-mail me ...

    Philippe (Belgium)
    Philippe Deleye, Mar 3, 2007