    send me a zipped copy of both?

    Thanks guys

    Adrian

    Adrian, May 2, 2007

  2. Adrian

    Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...

    www.avm.de then click on "english"
    --
    Regards
    Jon

    Jon, May 2, 2007

  3. Adrian

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > declared for all the world to
    > hear...
    > >
    > > After taking the great advice proffered here, I located
    > > an EU FRITZ! Box Fon (Annex A) on e-bay. I purchased
    > > same, and it arrived here in the US last night.
    > >
    > > Unfortunately the software and documentation are all in
    > > German. I don't read German! :)
    > >
    > > Can any one here help me set it up in LAN mode for UK
    > > telephone numbers and UK standard telephones?
    > >
    > > Some advice, a pointer to some English language
    > > software and documentation would be great. Or better
    > > yet, is there anyone who could send me a zipped copy of
    > > both?
    > >
    > > Thanks guys

    > www.avm.de then click on "english"

    Assuming the non-wireless Fritz!Box Fon, the download page is here
    (Tinyurl used for long link):

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/2v8qcd

    Once downloaded, you need to go to the Firmware Upgrade screen to install
    it, this is located under System, not sure what that is in German..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 3, 2007
  4. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    On May 2, 2:15 pm, Jon <> wrote:
    > declared for all the world to hear...
    >

    > > After taking the great advice proffered here, I located an EU FRITZ!
    > > Box Fon (Annex A) on e-bay. I purchased same, and it arrived here in
    > > the US last night.

    > > Unfortunately the software and documentation are all in German. I
    > > don't read German! :)

    > > Can any one here help me set it up in LAN mode for UK telephone
    > > numbers and UK standard telephones?

    > > Some advice, a pointer to some English language software and
    > > documentation would be great. Or better yet, is there anyone who could
    > > send me a zipped copy of both?

    > > Thanks guys

    > www.avm.dethen click on "english"
    > --
    > Regards
    > Jon- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks Jon,

    Software Downloaded.

    Adrian

    Adrian, May 3, 2007
  5. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    On May 2, 4:21 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > "Jon" <> wrote in message

    > > declared for all the world to
    > > hear...

    > > > After taking the great advice proffered here, I located
    > > > an EU FRITZ! Box Fon (Annex A) on e-bay. I purchased
    > > > same, and it arrived here in the US last night.

    > > > Unfortunately the software and documentation are all in
    > > > German. I don't read German! :)

    > > > Can any one here help me set it up in LAN mode for UK
    > > > telephone numbers and UK standard telephones?

    > > > Some advice, a pointer to some English language
    > > > software and documentation would be great. Or better
    > > > yet, is there anyone who could send me a zipped copy of
    > > > both?

    > > > Thanks guys

    > >www.avm.dethen click on "english"

    > Assuming the non-wireless Fritz!Box Fon, the download page is here
    > (Tinyurl used for long link):
    >
    > http://preview.tinyurl.com/2v8qcd
    >
    > Once downloaded, you need to go to the Firmware Upgrade screen to install
    > it, this is located under System, not sure what that is in German..!
    >
    > Ivor- Hide quoted text -

    Appreciated Ivor,

    Yes, mine is the non-wireless version. I plan to eventually go for a
    US wireless router. Such would be less likely to have compatibility
    issues with my US notebook.

    Unfortunately, when I came to plug in my Fritz!box last night, I
    discovered that the protruding tip and ring conductor on my US power
    supply is too short for the unit. So this weekend I will try to track
    down an appropriate connector,

    Adrian

    Adrian, May 3, 2007
  6. "Adrian" <> wrote in message

    > After taking the great advice proffered here, I located an EU FRITZ!
    > Box Fon (Annex A) on e-bay. I purchased same, and it arrived here in
    > the US last night.
    >
    > Unfortunately the software and documentation are all in German. I
    > don't read German! :)

    Adrian
    I do not have experience with English software, or with converting german
    boxes into English
    Howeevr I speak german and english, and I have already helped english
    speaking usres to set-up theor boxes
    If you need any help, pls do not hesitate to e-mail me or give me a call ...
    Philippe
    philippe dot deleye at advalvas dot be

    Philippe Deleye, May 5, 2007
  7. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    On May 5, 12:12 am, "Philippe Deleye"
    <> wrote:

    > Adrian
    > I do not have experience with English software, or with converting german
    > boxes into English
    > Howeevr I speak german and english, and I have already helped english
    > speaking usres to set-up theor boxes
    > If you need any help, pls do not hesitate to e-mail me or give me a call ...
    > Philippe
    > philippe dot deleye at advalvas dot be

    Thanks Philippe,

    Well I do need some help. I am hoping that you, Jon, or Ivor can help
    me over the last hurdles.

    First a recap: Over the weekend I picked up a power supply unit. For
    USD11.00 Sandy's Electronics sold me a 120v to 12v converter with the
    appropriate tip and ring connector.

    Then I set about customizing the Fritz box. I found the only way to
    mess with the firmware, and settings, in the box was to have my
    Notebook plugged into the LAN or USB connector on the box itself.
    This initially meant that I was not connected to the internet.

    First, I loaded the firmware and reset set the box to utilize the LAN
    port for connecting to my router. I unplugged my Notebook and
    connected the box to the router thru the LAN port. It recognized the
    connection and the DSL light came on. So far so good! At this point
    I also had Internet access thru the box!

    However, from this point on I had to sit next to the shelf containing
    my various routers and ATAs with my notebook connected to the Fritz!
    box by a short length of USB cable. :)

    Using the information provided by AQL (my VoIP service provider) I was
    able to register the VoIP number and Password utilizing the SIP URL.
    At least the box says it made the connection.

    Then I checked the telephony options. I set the region to "United
    Kingdom". I am using UK kit on UK numbers. The box says that that
    both phone ports are "looking @" my AQL VoIP account. But, no
    telephone lights are "on" on the box. The only lights "on" are power
    and DSL. Moreover when I plug in a telephone set, I only hear an "Out
    of Service" tone. I am unable to dial or receive calls.

    Something is missing here, I know. But, after several hours of what
    my American Tech. friends call a "Nosebleed", I have had enough. So
    any suggestions? I will attack the issue again later in the week.

    Many thanks

    Adrian

    Adrian, May 6, 2007
  8. Adrian

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Adrian" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Then I checked the telephony options. I set the region
    > to "United Kingdom". I am using UK kit on UK numbers.
    > The box says that that both phone ports are "looking @"
    > my AQL VoIP account. But, no telephone lights are "on"
    > on the box. The only lights "on" are power and DSL.
    > Moreover when I plug in a telephone set, I only hear an
    > "Out of Service" tone. I am unable to dial or receive
    > calls.

    They are the only lights that should be on in standby mode. The fixed line
    and internet phone LEDs only come on while a call is in progress, the
    internet one should light when you lift the handset of a connected phone.
    What are you calling an "out of service" tone..? Note that the Fritz uses
    German tones, irrespective of the regional settings, so the dial tone
    sounds very similar to the UK number unobtainable tone.

    If you can configure a Sipgate account, try calling my speaking clock on
    1431320.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 7, 2007
  9. Adrian

    SBS Guest

    Adrian () ha scritto:

    :: After taking the great advice proffered here, I located
    :: an EU FRITZ! Box Fon (Annex A) on e-bay.
    :: I purchased same, and it arrived here in the US last night.

    Can you tell us the ebay nickname of the seller, please?

    And please look at the silver label on the bottom of the
    device and tell us if there is wrote "Annex A", thanks.

    SBS, May 13, 2007
  10. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    On May 7, 9:17 am, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:

    > They are the only lights that should be on in standby mode. The fixed line
    > and internet phone LEDs only come on while a call is in progress, the
    > internet one should light when you lift the handset of a connected phone.
    > What are you calling an "out of service" tone..? Note that the Fritz uses
    > German tones, irrespective of the regional settings, so the dial tone
    > sounds very similar to the UK number unobtainable tone.
    >
    > If you can configure a Sipgate account, try calling my speaking clock on
    > 1431320.
    >
    > Ivor

    Thanks Ivor,

    I think we need an area code with that speaking clock number. :)

    After more frustrating hours of messing with this I am able to dial
    the Fritz from another Line. Moreover, I can dial out with it. But
    once a connection is established I can hear nothing at the Fritz end.
    If I speak into the telephone plugged into the Frit!box the remote
    phone can hear me. I can never hear the other party from the Frirz.

    For example if I dial my voicemail account thru the Fritz!boz and AQL,
    I can hear a ringing tone. When voicemail picks up I hear nothing.

    Adrian

    Adrian, May 13, 2007
  11. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    On May 13, 10:13 am, "SBS" <no.spam@me> wrote:
    > Adrian () ha scritto:
    >
    > :: After taking the great advice proffered here, I located
    > :: an EU FRITZ! Box Fon (Annex A) on e-bay.
    > :: I purchased same, and it arrived here in the US last night.
    >
    > Can you tell us the ebay nickname of the seller, please?
    >
    > And please look at the silver label on the bottom of the
    > device and tell us if there is wrote "Annex A", thanks.

    The seller's privacy should probably remain intact!

    No silver label. It was sold as Annex A. However, I do not utilize
    DSL. I am using the Fritz with the LAN port configured as the
    internet connection. It is plugged into a D-Link LAN port. Said D-
    Link is plugged into Charter Cable's interface (modem) box.

    Adrian.

    Adrian, May 13, 2007
  12. Adrian

    Jono Guest

    Adrian was thinking very hard :
    >> If you can configure a Sipgate account, try calling my speaking clock on
    >> 1431320.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > Thanks Ivor,
    >
    > I think we need an area code with that speaking clock number.

    No you don't it's the Sipgate ID. Simply dial it using a Sipgate "line"
    & you will get through to the clock.

    Jono, May 13, 2007
  13. Adrian

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Adrian" <> wrote in message
    > On May 7, 9:17 am, "Ivor Jones" <>
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > They are the only lights that should be on in standby
    > > mode. The fixed line and internet phone LEDs only come
    > > on while a call is in progress, the internet one should
    > > light when you lift the handset of a connected phone.
    > > What are you calling an "out of service" tone..? Note
    > > that the Fritz uses German tones, irrespective of the
    > > regional settings, so the dial tone sounds very similar
    > > to the UK number unobtainable tone.
    > >
    > > If you can configure a Sipgate account, try calling my
    > > speaking clock on 1431320.
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > Thanks Ivor,
    >
    > I think we need an area code with that speaking clock
    > number. :)

    Only if you're calling it from the PSTN, the SIP ID will work from another
    Sipgate number. However, just for you, it's 020 7043 1320.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 13, 2007
  14. Adrian

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Adrian" <> wrote in message

    > > Can you tell us the ebay nickname of the seller, please?
    > >
    > > And please look at the silver label on the bottom of the
    > > device and tell us if there is wrote "Annex A", thanks.

    > The seller's privacy should probably remain intact!

    Why..?

    > No silver label. It was sold as Annex A. However, I do
    > not utilize DSL. I am using the Fritz with the LAN port
    > configured as the internet connection. It is plugged
    > into a D-Link LAN port. Said D- Link is plugged into
    > Charter Cable's interface (modem) box.

    Thereby lies the answer. If you're not using the internal ADSL modem,
    whether it's Annex A or B doesn't matter.

    Although with no serial number label I would have sent it back.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 13, 2007
  15. Adrian

    SBS Guest

    Adrian () ha scritto:

    ::: Can you tell us the ebay nickname of the seller, please?
    :::
    ::: And please look at the silver label on the bottom of the
    ::: device and tell us if there is wrote "Annex A", thanks.

    :: The seller's privacy should probably remain intact!

    Sure!

    :: No silver label.

    This is a problem, because if there isnt' a silver label on
    the bottom of the device, then you can't know its model no.
    and you have lost any kinds of AVM product warranty
    (which is 5 years).

    Can we know how much you have paid for it?

    SBS, May 13, 2007
  16. Adrian

    Wim J Guest

    Adrian wrote:
    > After taking the great advice proffered here, I located an EU FRITZ!
    > Box Fon (Annex A) on e-bay. I purchased same, and it arrived here in
    > the US last night.
    >
    > Unfortunately the software and documentation are all in German. I
    > don't read German! :)

    That sounds strange to me. As far as I know. in Germany only
    Annex B is used (for POTS as well ISDN).
    In the Netherlands, you can buy international version
    Annex A and B, but they have English GUI.

    Wim

    Wim J, May 14, 2007
  17. Adrian

    John Miller Guest

    > That sounds strange to me. As far as I know. in Germany only
    > Annex B is used (for POTS as well ISDN).
    > In the Netherlands, you can buy international version
    > Annex A and B, but they have English GUI.

    There is a patch available for German Annex-B 7050's to make them Annex-A
    (and still in German language). Many people use it this way outside of
    Germany when they buy one from eBay.

    John Miller, May 14, 2007
  18. Adrian

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "John Miller" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > > That sounds strange to me. As far as I know. in Germany
    > > only Annex B is used (for POTS as well ISDN).
    > > In the Netherlands, you can buy international version
    > > Annex A and B, but they have English GUI.

    > There is a patch available for German Annex-B 7050's to
    > make them Annex-A (and still in German language). Many
    > people use it this way outside of Germany when they buy
    > one from eBay.

    The problem with that is that there are hardware differences between Annex
    A and B, it's not just soft/firmware.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 14, 2007
  19. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    On May 13, 11:40 am, Jono <> wrote:
    > Adrian was thinking very hard :
    >
    > >> If you can configure a Sipgate account, try calling my speaking clock on
    > >> 1431320.

    > >> Ivor

    > > Thanks Ivor,

    > > I think we need an area code with that speaking clock number.

    > No you don't it's the Sipgate ID. Simply dial it using a Sipgate "line"
    > & you will get through to the clock.

    Duh! Very senior moment there. Now I get it.

    And the answer is "I do not hear the clock". I cannot hear anything
    after the ringing tone on any call. As soon as a call is answered I
    hear nothing.

    If I call myself on another number I can hear from the Fritz end.

    Adrian

    Adrian, May 14, 2007
  20. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    On May 13, 11:55 am, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > "Adrian" <> wrote in message

    > > On May 7, 9:17 am, "Ivor Jones" <>
    > > wrote:

    > > > They are the only lights that should be on in standby
    > > > mode. The fixed line and internet phone LEDs only come
    > > > on while a call is in progress, the internet one should
    > > > light when you lift the handset of a connected phone.
    > > > What are you calling an "out of service" tone..? Note
    > > > that the Fritz uses German tones, irrespective of the
    > > > regional settings, so the dial tone sounds very similar
    > > > to the UK number unobtainable tone.

    > > > If you can configure a Sipgate account, try calling my
    > > > speaking clock on 1431320.

    > > > Ivor

    > > Thanks Ivor,

    > > I think we need an area code with that speaking clock
    > > number. :)

    > Only if you're calling it from the PSTN, the SIP ID will work from another
    > Sipgate number. However, just for you, it's 020 7043 1320.
    >
    > Ivor- Hide quoted text -

    Understood. I didn't catch your drift first time round.

    You had published that number before. I just didn'd have it to hand.

    Anyway, as of yet, I can't hear anything at the remote end after the
    ringing tone.

    Adrian

    Adrian, May 14, 2007