    Thanks in advance...
    Eric
    , Dec 10, 2006

  2. Herman Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to set up the Fritz Box call through functionality.
    > I have enabled the call through to a specified number (my VOIP line).
    > I have set up a PIN and the diverting calling number (my VOIP line).
    > Now, I am expecitng that when I call my VOIP number to enter the PIN.
    > The sound is different now (tuututuutu) and then what ever I dial, my
    > VOIP number rings...
    > What do I miss??
    > Thanks in advance...
    > Eric

    I have got one stage further. The phone line does not ring at the same
    time, but I cannot get the pass through working! Before we go any further,
    I have FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 Annex A, Firmware version 14.04.20. I have
    had it working before using a similar configuration to what I describe
    below, but I can't remember if I have upgraded the firmware since then.

    You need to ensure that the "React to all numbers" box isn't ticked for any
    of the extensions, AND that the pass through account is not active for any
    extensions. You should be able to dial the number, get the same tone and
    then dial your pin. Can't remember if there is then a tone, but you need to
    dial 0 for an outside line (even if you have automatic outside dialling set
    up). If you then get a dialling tone, you've made it!

    This has the side-effect of adding a routing code onto the CLI for all
    inbound calls, which may not always be desirable as it overrides the call
    routing options if you return the call using the CLI entry.

    Anyone got any clues for why my Fritzbox hangs up instead of providing a
    dial tone? I am on NTL 4MB, so 400k upstream should be enough to handle two
    calls? My Fritz!Box is now set up as the gateway, so I don't understand it.
    Perhaps a firmware glitch? Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Herman, Dec 11, 2006