Fritz Box ATA or SPA 3000 or something else?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by nuno.lopes, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. nuno.lopes

    nuno.lopes

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hi there,

    I'm a noob regarding VOIP, and as one I'm installing it for the first time at home.

    I bought last weekend the Linksys PAP2. It's a good device but it does not suffice my needs. From what I've learned, here is what I want:

    1. Be able to setup multiple SIP accounts to make and receive calls. The more the better.
    2. Use one phone to make and receive calls over the fixed line (PSTN) and VOIP.
    3. Be able to select the SIP account to use for the call but to be able to configure a default one.
    4. Be able to configure dialing patterns by SIP account so that prefixes are added. If using a foreign SIP provider and making a call to a local number then configure the system to add the 0044 prefix.
    5. Be able to call my home and route the call to another number to call someone else by VOIP
    6. Be able to route calls to my home to another phone anywhere else through VOIP.
    8. Simple to setup and relatively inexpensive device.

    I already have a wireless router + ADSL2+ Modem.

    Based on this I've found Linksys SPA3000 (Sipura) and Fritz Box ATA maybe do it all. I'm not sure if these ones provide me with what I want.

    So i'm looking for advice on which one to choose based on you experiences.
    Or information about what these products don't do and alternatives.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Nuno
    PS: I don't want a computer switch on to do this.
    nuno.lopes, Sep 21, 2006