    especially with all those features. I even saw one site claiming you could
    reflash to Annex A, although I find this hard to believe.
    --

    Herman, Apr 4, 2008

  2. "Herman" <> wrote in message
    news:ft64j3$ofr$...
    > Just looking at the Fritz 7270 which is available in Germany and a few

    other
    > (annex B) countries. I know it is annex B and therefore cannot be used

    for
    > DSL in UK, but just wondering if it is otherwise suitable for use in the

    UK.
    > It looks really good as it has inbuilt DECT and answerphone, fax
    > capabilities, and media server if you hang a hard drive on it. Oh and I
    > forgot VPN (not sure if client or server) which I wanted to start to make
    > use of.
    >
    > I notice a Danish one on Ebay at the moment. Even more on ebay.de

    although
    > these look like they might be locked to the German ISP 1&1
    >
    > Anybody know anything about this? I can deal with the German interface

    OK,
    > especially with all those features. I even saw one site claiming you

    could
    > reflash to Annex A, although I find this hard to believe.

    * Yes, the 7270 is suitable for use in the UK, if you can install behind a
    ADSL modem - or for Cable internet
    * VPN is server. With the VPN client software on remote PC's you connect on
    your home network
    * German boxes are not locked for 1&1, but "branded" (means a settings are
    pre-configured. However, yoy can "easily" chnage the branding back to "AVM"
    to ge the full list of options
    * German boxes can be reflased to Annex A, but tricky operations, and no
    support form AVM (guatantee void)

    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Apr 5, 2008

  3. Herman

    Herman Guest

    "Philippe Deleye" <> wrote in message
    > "Herman" <> wrote in message
    >> Just looking at the Fritz 7270 which is available in Germany and a few

    > other
    >> (annex B) countries. I know it is annex B and therefore cannot be used

    > for
    >> DSL in UK, but just wondering if it is otherwise suitable for use in the

    > UK.
    >> It looks really good as it has inbuilt DECT and answerphone, fax
    >> capabilities, and media server if you hang a hard drive on it. Oh and I
    >> forgot VPN (not sure if client or server) which I wanted to start to make
    >> use of.
    >>
    >> I notice a Danish one on Ebay at the moment. Even more on ebay.de

    > although
    >> these look like they might be locked to the German ISP 1&1
    >>
    >> Anybody know anything about this? I can deal with the German interface

    > OK,
    >> especially with all those features. I even saw one site claiming you

    > could
    >> reflash to Annex A, although I find this hard to believe.

    > * Yes, the 7270 is suitable for use in the UK, if you can install behind a
    > ADSL modem - or for Cable internet
    > * VPN is server. With the VPN client software on remote PC's you connect
    > on
    > your home network
    > * German boxes are not locked for 1&1, but "branded" (means a settings are
    > pre-configured. However, yoy can "easily" chnage the branding back to
    > "AVM"
    > to ge the full list of options
    > * German boxes can be reflased to Annex A, but tricky operations, and no
    > support form AVM (guatantee void)
    >
    > Philippe

    Cheers Philippe, somehow knew you'd know!

    Herman, Apr 5, 2008