    normal landline dialtone.

    Does anyone know what the basic steps are for setting up a voipfone
    account with the Fritz?

    wytco0, Apr 9, 2010

  2. wytco0

    Graham. Guest

    "wytco0" <> wrote in message news:...
    >I have just got a Fritz!box 7270 and a VIOP account with VOIPFONE.
    >
    > Having vever used viop before I am a bit confised!
    >
    > I was hoping to plug in an old analogue phone into the Fritz and
    > configure the VOIP and bobs your uncle but its hasnt worked out like
    > that. I believe that the Fritz does allow this but its not working, I
    > get a dial tone on the phone but it does not ring when I dial my voip
    > number frome another phone and I suspect that the phone is just my
    > normal landline dialtone.
    >
    > Does anyone know what the basic steps are for setting up a voipfone
    > account with the Fritz?

    I presume it's all done through the web interface.
    I further presume that you must have discovered how to log on to
    said interface to set up your ADSL account.
    Unless you are somehow trying to use an existing broadband router

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Apr 9, 2010

  3. wytco0

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:18:24 UTC, "Graham." <> wrote:

    > "wytco0" <> wrote in message news:...
    > >I have just got a Fritz!box 7270 and a VIOP account with VOIPFONE.
    > >
    > > Having vever used viop before I am a bit confised!
    > >
    > > I was hoping to plug in an old analogue phone into the Fritz and
    > > configure the VOIP and bobs your uncle but its hasnt worked out like
    > > that. I believe that the Fritz does allow this but its not working, I
    > > get a dial tone on the phone but it does not ring when I dial my voip
    > > number frome another phone and I suspect that the phone is just my
    > > normal landline dialtone.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know what the basic steps are for setting up a voipfone
    > > account with the Fritz?

    > I presume it's all done through the web interface.
    > I further presume that you must have discovered how to log on to
    > said interface to set up your ADSL account.
    > Unless you are somehow trying to use an existing broadband router

    And you need to open some holes in the firewall. :)
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Apr 9, 2010