    there. Is this a "feature" of the 7140 or should I take it back?

    Thanks,

    Stu
    Stu, Nov 30, 2006

  2. Stu

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Stu" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I bought a Fritz!Box 7140 today. I have a Philips DECT
    > phone and a regular phone connected to the box. I have it
    > setup to call via VoIP or fixed line. WLAN is currently
    > turned off since I don't use it.
    > I notice that incoming or outgoing calls on the fixed
    > line always have a noise in the background. It happens on
    > both phones. It's not really loud but noticeable. It does
    > sound a little like I've connected the phone connection
    > direct to POTS socket without the splitter but there is
    > one there. Is this a "feature" of the 7140 or should I
    > take it back?

    Hmm, I certainly don't get this problem on my "original" (non-wireless)
    Fritz!Box Fon, but then again I rarely use the fixed line port, it's only
    there as a backup in case of power failure, normally incoming fixed line
    calls go through the PABX. But I just made a test call to check and it's
    definitely ok.

    I'll be interested to hear the results, I'm currently waiting for the 7170
    to come out in the UK.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Stu

    voip_ross Guest

    Hi,

    This may sound like a strange suggestion, but I have had a simular
    problem with an ATA, with PSTN line.

    The problem for me was caused by the power adapter cord being next to
    the PSTN line. The adapter was causing interferance with the line. Once
    this was moved away from the PSTN line, it was lovely and clear.

    Its worth trying with your setup, before sending the device back.

    Ross
    --------------------------
    Ross Beer
    VoiceHost
    www.voicehost.co.uk

    voip_ross, Dec 1, 2006
  4. Stu

    Stu Guest

    > This may sound like a strange suggestion, but I have had a simular
    > problem with an ATA, with PSTN line.
    >
    > The problem for me was caused by the power adapter cord being next to
    > the PSTN line. The adapter was causing interferance with the line. Once
    > this was moved away from the PSTN line, it was lovely and clear.
    >
    > Its worth trying with your setup, before sending the device back.

    As suggested by AVM support I pulled all network connections from the
    7140 except the phone. Also switched off my DECT phone. Didn't help.

    However if I pull the modem cable from the splitter then it's gone. So
    could be an incompatible/bad splitter I suppose??

    Stu
    Stu, Dec 4, 2006